BOX1

P1000 First impressions. Not quite what I thought.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting synopsis. I agree on the lack of locking compartments. but I've found that since they're angled down even hitting rough patches of trail things don't fly out, but they're not protected from dust/mud so that's my biggest complaint. As for steering feel/sway I imagine it has a lot to do with tires. These things are HEAVY so the weenie 4 ply tires don't really cut it. Looking forward to upgrading to 28" Blackwater Evos once the Bighorns wear out. Maybe try bumping up the Psi a little. I personally really like the EPS, driving a heavy SxS on tight twisty trails without it is exhausting. Like driving an old Plymouth station wagon with manual steering, no thank you!

Theres been discussion about the lack of parking brake, and potentially how to add it. But not really that worried about it. But I wish it had one too!

Hopefully the good will
Outweigh the bad for you. I know I'm very pleased with the machine, even with some of the drawbacks vs the competitors.[/Q
So much for the compartments being at an angle, because when you drive up a 45° slope like I have it becomes level and the first bump i hit everything came flying out including my handgun!!!

I'm going to take a black piece of aluminum and cover sure the opening one third of the way that should take care of it
BUY A GEAR BAG AND HOLSTER YOUR GOODS.I HAVE A CAMO ONE AND ATTACHED IT BEHIND AND UNDER HEADREST. AND IT IS NOT IN THE WAY .
Images
Images
0227161400a
0227161400a

Q

qwas

Dec 27, 2020
bc canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Update: Just took it for a night ride with the plow removed. With the plow removed. day and night difference. I guess that machine is heavy enough and add on the plow and it was a little more than the tires could take when turning!!!

The EPS no longer has a delay and th sway was completely removed. Obviously those tires were giving when taking turns and that's also where the sway came from.

In automatic I never get over second gear I just don't have enough road. I would love to see with this thing can do wide open :)

Someone said something about the limiter kicking in at 45? I thought they could do 65?

So it looks like my only complaints are probably the compartments and emergency brake, because I know all of the roughness will work it's way out and the transmission will start to shift smoother. I do have it enclosed and I'm sure that also adds to engine noise so once I remove the doors and windshield I will update as well.
I hit 107km with mine on a straight stretch and two adults in the machine

Q

qwas

Dec 27, 2020
bc canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, that storage area wasn't quite what I thought. I thought you just lifted the seat and you were staring straight down into a compartment. It's more of an empty side spot that could be used for anything, I'm not sure I would call it storage but yes, a bag full of tools could fit nicely :)
That spot houses my heater blower.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An antediluvian thread! In the SE model, the under seat "storage" area IS a separate plastic compartment with a drain hole in the bottom and contiguous molded walls and floor. That doesn't make it any easier to get to. Still have to lift the seat to access, (unless you add a front door mod).

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!