P1000m3 2 hours on New Machine and Leaking Oil!!!

N

Nvrgiveup

I have a brand spanking new P1K3 and after the maiden voyage (1 hour/14 miles), I parked it in the garage. 2 days later, I noticed oil in two different spots under the machine. Anyone else experience this with a new machine?
Needless to say, it will be back at the dealer this week! Kinda frustrating

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I have a brand spanking new P1K3 and after the maiden voyage (1 hour/14 miles), I parked it in the garage. 2 days later, I noticed oil in two different spots under the machine. Anyone else experience this with a new machine?
Needless to say, it will be back at the dealer this week! Kinda frustrating
Where is it leaking oil from?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your transmission and sub-transmission both run 10W-30, if it's heavier it could indicate front or rear differential, although it's not really easy to tell oil weight by touch.

Check your engine oil level before you get it back to the dealer, for your own info. You'd want to know if motor oil leaked out while riding.

Check subtrans level as well, optionally.

N

Nvrgiveup

UPDATE….
The dealer (Station Park in Louisville, KY) was EXTREMELY accommodating and stopped what they were doing in the shop. They got on it immediately and had me done in a few hours.
There was n O-ring in the back of the engine that was “pinched”, thereby allowing oil to leak a good bit.
All appears to be ok thus far. I highly recommend this dealer if you’re in or even close to KY. They’re good dudes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
UPDATE….
The dealer (Station Park in Louisville, KY) was EXTREMELY accommodating and stopped what they were doing in the shop. They got on it immediately and had me done in a few hours.
There was n O-ring in the back of the engine that was “pinched”, thereby allowing oil to leak a good bit.
All appears to be ok thus far. I highly recommend this dealer if you’re in or even close to KY. They’re good dudes.

Glad you got it taken care of and prevented a bigger issue 👍

Nice to hear when a dealer actually cares 👍

Soooooo..........pics or it didn't happen!!! 😂😂

N

Nvrgiveup

Glad you got it taken care of and prevented a bigger issue 👍

Nice to hear when a dealer actually cares 👍

Soooooo..........pics or it didn't happen!!! 😂😂
To ensure I follow the rules, I'll post pics. The first image is the oil that was discovered beneath the machine. The second and third show the lack of oil beneath the machine after the dealer did their thing. 🤪

Image2 Image1 Image0

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
UPDATE….

Awesome!
Is that the dealer with all the animal heads mounted? If so, I've actually been there!

advertisement
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found a drip on the bottom of my subtransmission after removing the skid for an oil change at 1,200 miles. I am taking it in for repair on Friday. I guess they found the leak to be coming from the driveshaft seal, for the rear driveshaft out the rear of the subtransmission. It is less than a year old and been treated excellently as a road queen, no abuse. Not happy to have a Honda leak but at least its in warranty. Happy to hear yours was found and taken care of!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now I'm wondering what o-ring you had pinched?

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!