P1000 2 more sleeps...

Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Sep 9, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on your new deluxe! Wishing you many trouble free miles....err kilometers. Good start on your list I've found a mirror is indispensable for me. The noise coming from tires and machine traveling down road I don't have a prayer hearing anything coming from behind.

Best o Luck
Hawkeye

Reactions: JTW and sharp
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm also a fan of the factory roof. I also went with the factory glass windshield. I guess that if you were riding a long ways in the summer it might be an issue but it doesn't get hot enough for a long enough time here that that is a concern for me. I'm also thinking about taking the heat shield that I added under the seat out so that I can have a little bit more heat inside as it's only 57* here today.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want a heater, I put a fan under the seat, and now that it's cooling down, I attached a flex duct to it and vented it out towards my feet. It's very hot. Looking forward to this winter.

I've been thing about something similar but I can't seem to find one. Somewhere I've seen a 4" Y diverter with a flapper door. It had an actuator arm that attached to a cable, like an old choke cable. I think they were on old 1950's or 1960's cars with heaters...I just cant't remember where I saw them...

Anyway, can you imagine how nice it would be to have a bilge fan installed and direct hot air out in summer and divert warm air into the cab in winter?? You could probably make something if you could find a 4" Y piece of ducting.

Reactions: sharp
Todlit31

Todlit31

Aug 17, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah the extra heat is not a concern right now for me (chilly up here already). Loving it so far!! A few of the neighbours have been over being nosey and my kids love it, which is a bonus when the Mrs just shakes her head. Really enjoying all of the threads on how to's as I'm going to do the dual battery set up to run the winch for the plow.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah the extra heat is not a concern right now for me (chilly up here already). Loving it so far!! A few of the neighbours have been over being nosey and my kids love it, which is a bonus when the Mrs just shakes her head. Really enjoying all of the threads on how to's as I'm going to do the dual battery set up to run the winch for the plow.

The only "how to" threads here should be titled.....

"How to spend your money!"

R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I really like my SuperATV Flip-out windshield it was exteremely helpful on my 365 mile ride a few weeks ago. It would have been a miserable time without a windshield and the steam fogging up the windshield would have been a pain without it.

I also have the Superwinch Terra 45 synthetic which seems to be a great winch so far but I have only really used it for pulling down trees while cutting on my property so far.

My father has a KFI plow and that will be one of my next purchases (before winter) it is an extremely solid plow. Seems to be very high quality for a pretty reasonable price.

I have the Bimini soft top as well and have been pleasantly surprised with it with the SuperATV windshield and Bimini roof I stayed dry on very wet trails. Although I do remove it when trailering just to save some wear as the leading edge flaps around a lot.

20170818 2023291

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!