P1000 20 minutes you say ....... LOL

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I received my auto backup light from Hondasxs store today and figured since I had 20 minutes to spare(as Russ vid said), I would slap that sucker on the P1K. After about an hour of doing contortionist moves and feeling like a pretzel, I finally got the dummy plug out of the wiring harness!!! At that point I came to realize that the allotted 20 min time frame did NOT apply to a STIFF 71 yr old man. Just getting into position to SEE the plug was a major task, I thought I never would get both arms/hands in position to get it apart ..... lol. Once apart, it was easy sailing and works GREAT. Great idea @Hondasxs, thanks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol.
Plug comes apart easy.
Recomend grabbing the dummy plug (the 2 holes with rubber stoppers) with a pair of needle nose. Then using a small screw driver to lift the tab. Then pull.
5 mins and I can install the whole kit with the exception of zip ties.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol.
Plug comes apart easy.
Recomend grabbing the dummy plug (the 2 holes with rubber stoppers) with a pair of needle nose. Then using a small screw driver to lift the tab. Then pull.
5 mins and I can install the whole kit with the exception of zip ties.
LOL..... but you are a YOUNG buck! Getting TO the dummy plug with pliers for pulling and screwdriver for prying the tab was the hard part.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL..... but you are a YOUNG buck! Getting TO the dummy plug with pliers for pulling and screwdriver for prying the tab was the hard part.
Yeah it’s in a bad spot, flexibility is key! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: BigOL3
W

Weasel_master

Dec 14, 2018
Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont really mud but go through some holes while hunting. Am I better off putting cube lights up top on the corners of the roof? My only concern is will the kit lights get dirty quick enough to be ineffective?

Reactions: BWAF and Russ989
Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I received my auto backup light from Hondasxs store today and figured since I had 20 minutes to spare(as Russ vid said), I would slap that sucker on the P1K. After about an hour of doing contortionist moves and feeling like a pretzel, I finally got the dummy plug out of the wiring harness!!! At that point I came to realize that the allotted 20 min time frame did NOT apply to a STIFF 71 yr old man. Just getting into position to SEE the plug was a major task, I thought I never would get both arms/hands in position to get it apart ..... lol. Once apart, it was easy sailing and works GREAT. Great idea @Hondasxs, thanks.
I can relate to that. I changed oil and filters today, plus I replaced the air filter. I removed the skid plate to have a better way of getting to the drain plugs. I also extended my fuel tank vent. All in all I need to be in traction.

advertisement
Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also did mine this weekend. Added the dash switch/harness and mounted it on the middle bar so that I can see into the bed also.. I just had my sons do it :)

Reactions: Isaiah and BigOL3
DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's exactly how my install went too.

Reactions: BigOL3 and Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!