P1000 2016, 1000-5 stalling issue

D

David Mac

Sep 5, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 1000-5 deluxe. Having a stalling issue. Rode about 3 miles over rough trails and start up a hill and machine shut off. Still had power but engine shut off. Rolled back down hill and restarted and tried again, stopped in same spot. Maggie stopped several times going back on trail, all times on a hill. Runs fine on straight trails. Never had this or any issues. Have a little over a 1000 miles. Ordered new plugs and air filter to change them. Also filled up with non ethanol gas prior to problems, but I have run this before with no issues. Any ideas?? Thank you

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
H

HondaTech

Does the dash flash any codes when the unit shuts off?

Does it shift properly any other time?

Reactions: Lady01
D

David Mac

Sep 5, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have not seen any codes, and it seems to shift properly.

Reactions: Lady01
D

David Mac

Sep 5, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After reading different threads and more research I think the problem is solved? Cleaned amateur on electric shift motor, and replaced plug end on rear fuel injector after seeing #13 code. So far so good! Thanks for the helpful info and parts!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
After reading different threads and more research I think the problem is solved? Cleaned amateur on electric shift motor, and replaced plug end on rear fuel injector after seeing #13 code. So far so good! Thanks for the helpful info and parts!
Glad she's fixed!
Welcome to the forum btw...
Pics or it didn't happen!

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
This is what we need more info on people cleaning up the shift motor and ending up having good results. This hopefully will help others with problems to do with shifting. Thanks for letting everyone know.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!