BOX1

P700 2016 with shifting issue's

O

oldsubguy

Aug 30, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I picked up this wheeler last week and got a heck of a deal on it but when in drive it would only revv and only move a few feet. Changed the oil and filter and started checking solenoids and connections now it start out of the gate and then start slipping is it is ran more it feels like 2nd and 3rd are not engaged properly I can stop and go back to park revving the motor a few times and start over seems like its not down shifting. No codes motor stout I'm thinking it the ECM but I don't want to chase parts.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Verify the oil level via the procedure in the owners manual. Overfill it a touch.

If that fails, turn the emergency valve in. This is the big, slotted copper screw (with a lock tab that has to be removed) right around the corner from the solenoid/valve body.
This bypasses ALL electronics and locks the machine in 2nd gear. I'd it doesn't move now, check oil pressure(s). A Google search can find you a service manual online. It's also available here for supporting members.

Reactions: Mopower58
O

oldsubguy

Aug 30, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Verify the oil level via the procedure in the owners manual. Overfill it a touch.

If that fails, turn the emergency valve in. This is the big, slotted copper screw (with a lock tab that has to be removed) right around the corner from the solenoid/valve body.
This bypasses ALL electronics and locks the machine in 2nd gear. I'd it doesn't move now, check oil pressure(s). A Google search can find you a service manual online. It's also available here for supporting members.
I'll try that next thank's

Reactions: DG Rider
O

oldsubguy

Aug 30, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2

Moves but still slips going to test the pressure this afternoon. Thanks

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oil pressure at 90psi I unit will run in 1st unitl warms up I'm thinking oil pump
So it's at 90 warm? What rpm?
This is the spec:
OIL PRESSURE (80°C/176°F):
785 kPa (8.0 kgf/cm2, 114 psi) at 5,000 rpm

Reactions: Mudwing
O

oldsubguy

Aug 30, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did want to ask you every time I drain the oil I have to unplug the ECM for about 10 seconds then the wheeler will move until it gets warm then it start sliping again

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm assuming the 114 is the minimum.
Could be pump. Could be an o ring somewhere.
Let's get @HondaTech involved.

O

oldsubguy

Aug 30, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the thread as I have not experienced this condition! I always let mine to warm and build pressure before taking off.
Thanks. I keep talking myself out of the oil pump I've tried both ways on start up going to talk to a repair guy today in town maybe he'll have something new

O

oldsubguy

Aug 30, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's the same engine on the Rincon. Goes back to 2003.
No he don't work on the tranies. I've got the pump out no o rings problems replace all on the out side have not been in the pump yet . The converter is dark colored on the back side I assume it because of the weld

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
DGRider thanks for all the help torque converter is bad. Not the news I wanted but I ordered a new one. Thanks for everything
Well...sorry to hear it, but at least it is an answer. How did you find it?

J

JPA2002

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2021
Daleville, VA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yea, how did you determine it was the torque converter?

Jon

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!