P1000m5 2017 1000-5 PIONEER LE by UTVMI

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You know, my wife just mentioned something about the rack, that you can't see the break lights when it's installed. If your familiar with riding on michigan trails, this is very important that people see your lights. Unless there's something I'm not seeing in the pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can move the rack up and down to what ever height you want, Here is another pic, Not saying its the best or worse rack I just have one coming b/c I liked it the best out of the other I have seen for sale on FB and the web, Hopefully it works out, they aren't cheap...

18740502 10155059537970783 1079071768675496931 n

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You can move the rack up and down to what ever height you want, Here is another pic, Not saying its the best or worse rack I just have one coming b/c I liked it the best out of the other I have seen for sale on FB and the web, Hopefully it works out, they aren't cheap...

View attachment 45576

Cool. When u get it on, I'd like to see if it covers them or not? I hope they don't cuz I want to get one for mine. Ben eyeing them for some time.

CMH

CMH

May 17, 2017
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on the new LE. I'm still waiting on reports on how the i4wd works
I can give a mini-report. I had a situation where I started down an tilted downhill chute and ended up teetering with only my driver's front and passenger rear tires touching the ground. Was able to get it stopped, in reverse, in i4wd and get it backed out before I tipped it over. To my amazement, never spun a tire, and backed right out.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is one of my next projects. Any tips or tricks on how you got yours off?
I drilled out the rivets slowly as they want to spin on ya, Then after all the rivets fell out the back side onto the ground I started with a heat gun on LOW setting and SLOWLY pulled up as the nasty glue let lose, after its off you will have a ton of glue where the plate was.

I used 99% rubbing alcohol and a bunch of blue shop towels, Make sure your not dripping the alcohol on to any of the other plastic, it will may fade it some, After all the glue was removed, I used 303 on the plate area to bring back the shine.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I drilled out the rivets slowly as they want to spin on ya, Then after all the rivets fell out the back side onto the ground I started with a heat gun on LOW setting and SLOWLY pulled up as the nasty glue let lose, after its off you will have a ton of glue where the plate was.

I used 99% rubbing alcohol and a bunch of blue shop towels, Make sure your not dripping the alcohol on to any of the other plastic, it will may fade it some, After all the glue was removed, I used 303 on the plate area to bring back the shine.

you were more careful than me. I drilled the rivets then just pulled the sticker off on mine. Didnt leave any glue behind on my 700-4 or 1000-5 when i did it.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you were more careful than me. I drilled the rivets then just pulled the sticker off on mine. Didnt leave any glue behind on my 700-4 or 1000-5 when i did it.
Thinking they might have upgraded their glue, It almost takes a flat screw driver to get a corner to even lift up !!!

E

ebkoz

Feb 27, 2017
new jersey
Also got the sticker of Glove Box, Man the dash looks way better with all the crap removed.
View attachment 45658

Absolutely a MUST have product! It has endless uses. It is absolutely safe on anything (even on skin), you can use it without ANY safety equipment. I have never seen anything that works so well. A friend that owns a vinyl letting company showed me this product. This is the only product that can easily take off old (sun baked for years) vinyl lettering without hurting/straining the vehicle's paint. I had left masking tape on a counter top for several months and I tried every product on the market, to remove it without success (was taking hours to remove inches at a time). After being made aware of de-solve-it and using it, it took me about 20 minutes to remove over 30 feet of tape (with almost no effort). My wife is a cosmetologist and uses it to remove hair dye stains on a scalp hair line, with a cotton ball!

Amazon.com: De-Solv-It Remover, 33 oz: Home & Kitchen

mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
any chance you could post more pics of the air intake cover? Yours is the new design that's supposed to reduce the chances of water splashing through the grill and into the intake.... Pics like underneath it and how the pre-filter sits in there now?
the new design isn't available to order until the end of July from what was mentioned in the other thread about it.

Thanks

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You know, my wife just mentioned something about the rack, that you can't see the break lights when it's installed. If your familiar with riding on michigan trails, this is very important that people see your lights. Unless there's something I'm not seeing in the pics?

I installed some additional LED lights on the ROPS. I'll post some pics when I get home. On the road for work.....