P700m2 2017 Honda Pioneer 700-2 Deluxe Camo

D

Donsavage

Jun 28, 2017
Warren
Ownership

1. 700-2
Jeff, my name is Donald Savage and I too just took delivery of my 700 deluxe. I am enjoying the very well documented upgrade of your ride. I wish I had known about the switch panel sooner before I ordered a Honda one.
I am curious about the EMP front bumper. Would it be possible to add some pieces so I could attach D rings? I am not much on wiring and PDM 60 confused me. If you could send me some details as to how to wire up a winch I would greatly appreciate it. Dealers want to much for what is sometimes a subpar job. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing more of your upgrades.

Reactions: JeffEvans
D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am in the same boat as for the pdm. Confused for sure. I am some what scared of electrical work. I guess I'm just a dummy to it all. I have learned a lot from the site but just mainly what I want to do but not how to do it! I have to say you have done an incredible job. I wish you did it for a living so i could jist pay to have it properly done lol! I need a simple " plug and play" switch panel I guess. I do have a kind of legitimate question for you..... I noticed on your winch install you went with the supplied remote and installed your plug in the glove box. I have noticed other guys installs with a switch for power in and out on their switch panel. Is there a reason why you chose the remote and didn't go with a switch on your panel?? I hope that made sense? Thanks

D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nevermind on pdm! That may be the absolute best thing since slice bread! I went to the website and watched the video and it's simple. Plus, I actually took the time to read your wiring diagram so i ended up answering my own question.Thanks for taking the time to post all of that. Now I need to order my switch plate! I would still like to know about your thoughts on the winch switch.

JeffEvans

JeffEvans

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
Arlington, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sorry Dragon...been out of pocket today! I love the PDM and easy to program as you saw in the video.

On the winch...it was just preference. I use my wheeler mostly for hunting and won't use my winch all that often except for emergencies or friends who are stuck...lol! It was just one less switch for me to wire...was easy to install inside the glove box where I keep the remote...and I am thinking about going wireless which the plug and/or switch in the plate would be obsolete.

Glad my posts helped...if you have any questions, just message me and I'll respond.

Ride on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sorry Dragon...been out of pocket today! I love the PDM and easy to program as you saw in the video.

On the winch...it was just preference. I use my wheeler mostly for hunting and won't use my winch all that often except for emergencies or friends who are stuck...lol! It was just one less switch for me to wire...was easy to install inside the glove box where I keep the remote...and I am thinking about going wireless which the plug and/or switch in the plate would be obsolete.

Glad my posts helped...if you have any questions, just message me and I'll respond.

Ride on...

Thanks for the reply! I am looking at a 3500# winch with rope from super atv but it is wireless! Do you have any experience with a wireless winch? Seems like a good idea. Less wires to run but will it hold up? Also, what do you think is 3500# enough?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JeffEvans

JeffEvans

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
Arlington, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the reply! I am looking at a 3500# winch with rope from super atv but it is wireless! Do you have any experience with a wireless winch? Seems like a good idea. Less wires to run but will it hold up? Also, what do you think is 3500# enough?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had wireless winch on my 4 Wheeler and never had an issue with it and everyone was always jealous of it. 3500# should be enough...for me, there was not much difference in price between the 3500 and 4500, so I upgraded to the 4500. Definitely go synthetic rope.

R

rick1usa

Apr 7, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One clarification...there is a black ground wire coming out of the voltage meter that is not there and I should have scratched it out as well.

So...the PDM is grounded to the leg that all the switches are grounded to and the Ground Trigger Switch is connected to the ground trigger wire coming out of the PDM.

The ground coming out of the Ground Trigger switch is connected to all the grounds as well.

Sorry for the delay on the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Jeff, so my neighbor and I are trying to understand the functionality of his new voltage meter that he put in the dash of his 2017 Pioneer 1000 there's no read out if you push and hold the button it gives you the ability to set the high and low voltages but shouldn't there be a concentrate out of the voltage when the keys either on Accessory or on? Any input on functionality as there is nothing in the instruction that talk about functionality? Or how to produce a visual read out and not just two bars at bottom of screen. Thank you

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!