P500 2017 P500 OEM Skid Plates

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looking at the parts fiche, it looks like only the middle skid plate has changed. Can someone with a 2017 P500 confirm only the middle skid is metal? Thx.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Quick processing and shipping. Skids are already in the hand of FedEx, and predicting a Saturday delivery. :)

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Will do. Will start another thread because I can't seem to change the title of the thread.
The center plate on my 17 is metal.was that standard for earlier models?

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
The center plate on my 17 is metal.was that standard for earlier models?

No, it is plastic like the front and rear. It is not in front of me, but would say about 1/4" thick.

CORRECTION: They are only 1/8" thick.

Last edited:
gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm surprised to here they've added the metal skid plate. I wonder if there some warranty repairs caused by the original OEM skid plates?

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm surprised to here they've added the metal skid plate. I wonder if there some warranty repairs caused by the original OEM skid plates?

Don't know. I imagine that those who ride around much more rock than I, have a much higher probability breaking those plates. I have skidded over a few logs, but most of the weight must have been at the frame rails.

One reason I went with the thicker UHMW is, when going over small log/big sticks, they break when the front tire goes over, and the inside edge whacks against the skid plates. Made some good noise, but no permanent damage. I had a few sticks find the oem holes in the skid plates, and get stuck, but didn't find any vital parts.

FWIW: The price for both the 1/8" plastic and metal were about the same, according to that parts fiche. $45-47ish, from memory.

Reactions: 100Acre

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!