BOX1

P500 2017 P500 vs 2016 P500

C

Conter25

Jul 16, 2016
Utah
I am looking to buy a new UTV for Sidewalk and neighborhood plowing as well as trail riding. I am very confident that I am going to buy a P500. I would like to know if the plow mount affects the ground clearance? How well does the P500 plow snow?
What is the approximate delivery date of the 2017's? I am trying to decide if it is worth waiting?
Also what upgrades/ accessories should I put on it? I was thinking about the Honda Plow/ winch, Honda Windshield, and the Hardtop with Light bar....
Any other suggestions?

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I am looking to buy a new UTV for Sidewalk and neighborhood plowing as well as trail riding. I am very confident that I am going to buy a P500. I would like to know if the plow mount affects the ground clearance? How well does the P500 plow snow?
What is the approximate delivery date of the 2017's? I am trying to decide if it is worth waiting?
Also what upgrades/ accessories should I put on it? I was thinking about the Honda Plow/ winch, Honda Windshield, and the Hardtop with Light bar....
Any other suggestions?
Welcome Conter25! Honda stuff is pricey.
I went with the KFI plow and mount, winch and winch mount. Mount doesn't effect ground clearance at all.
Plow doesn't either as you can lift it high. It was about a grand for everything. Haven't used it yet.
Top, winch and tires are an excellent start to a P5 build.

C

Conter25

Jul 16, 2016
Utah
Welcome Conter25! Honda stuff is pricey.
I went with the KFI plow and mount, winch and winch mount. Mount doesn't effect ground clearance at all.
Plow doesn't either as you can lift it high. It was about a grand for everything. Haven't used it yet.
Top, winch and tires are an excellent start to a P5 build.
What size tires would you recommend? Also what brand of Wheel and Tire combination?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I've put mine through its paces plowing last winter, initially prior to trying was worried it would be on the toy side of things. Man was I wrong..... Love it. Plows snow very well indeed, you'll be surprised how much and how quick this little bugger moves snow.

Have 3000 Kms on AMS slingshot 26"by11"by12" tires on all 4 corners the've been an awesome tire on 5-2 offset rims very pleased for an all round tire. Wider tire rim up front will throw dirt mud, but it's easy enough to make flaps. I have a few pix in the sig link that show the flaps and other stuff I've done to mine.

Good luck and happy trails on your P500

j

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Any other suggestions?
Get a 2016
cheaper....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
And no spacers? That Wasp has to be pretty tippy monte? I tried that setup and didn't care for the pucker effect.
I know you ride low pressure but 1" on all four and it's a different machine, no pucker...just sayin'. ;)
I transport mine in the bed of the truck regularly. With the Bighorns I'm at 51.5" that still lets me squeeze between the wheel wells, and onto the 50" restricted trails that are more prevalent in western states. But no pucker effect, I castrated the s*** bar (oops, sway bar), just sayin. ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I transport mine in the bed of the truck regularly. With the Bighorns I'm at 51.5" that still lets me squeeze between the wheel wells, and onto the 50" restricted trails that are more prevalent in western states. But no pucker effect, I castrated the s*** bar (oops, sway bar), just sayin. ;)
I know and that sucks for me, I'm at 52 1/4.
I have a line x in my truck and measured 50 1/2 between the wells.
Don't think she'll be squeezin' into that one. Always a sacrifice to be made.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
That's true. If I wanted to air my tires up to 12 psi, it would glide right in, but at 8 psi you can hear the rubber squeaking against the wells. There's many times that we drive deep into the forest with the P5 in the bed of the Z-71 on rough enough roads that a trailer wouldn't go. The wider tires, deflated pressure and disconnected sb meets all necessary requirements for me, plus, the (resident) engineers cautions about bearing stress caused by spacers. Nevertheless, there's plenty of pictures on line of P5's on their sides, with spacers, off set wheels, stock, etc. we all know that compared to a stock 60" machine, the P5 remains tippy, so we ride them with that in mind. :)

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Just drive it in ! It's a 4x4 ! the fronts will walk right up and over the wells , no worry .
I have a friend with a 700 and he just drives it in like this , no big deal .

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any other suggestions?

KFI plow set up- more cost effective
BH 2.0 26"
I have full honda cab, it works fine in winter as a wind stopper, only thing I miss glass windshield and window wipers and defroster.

I might upgrade to full cab by Alumilite Armor SxS Compare

See my post in my signature line.

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
And no spacers? That Wasp has to be pretty tippy monte? I tried that setup and didn't care for the pucker effect.
I know you ride low pressure but 1" on all four and it's a different machine, no pucker...just sayin'. ;)
Scares me and I'm fearless!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
KFI plow set up- more cost effective
BH 2.0 26"
I have full honda cab, it works fine in winter as a wind stopper, only thing I miss glass windshield and window wipers and defroster.

I might upgrade to full cab by Alumilite Armor SxS Compare

See my post in my signature line.

P500 so small in cab
Been in one..all closed
up..
not for me...
but glass windshield
Hell yeah

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Just drive it in ! It's a 4x4 ! the fronts will walk right up and over the wells , no worry .
I have a friend with a 700 and he just drives it in like this , no big deal .
Might get squirrelly, he's only going to be an inch lapping the wells on each side. A 700 is 60" wide, lots of tread on the wheel wells.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Wheel wells in new trucks about 4" high
why do you have to be between wheel
Wells...don't understand
I drive right over mine

Last edited:
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
P500 so small in cab
Been in one..all closed
up..
not for me...
but glass windshield
Hell yeah
That's what I've thought today. Called the guy , no discounts :(.
I'm planning to get windshield with wiper kit. Anyone for group buy??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudder
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I did spacers on ATV
with no issues

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That's what I've thought today. Called the guy , no discounts :(.
I'm planning to get windshield with wiper kit. Anyone for group buy??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I'm still saving up...bro
$780 for windshield
delivered to door.....
OUCH....

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm still saving up...bro
$780 for windshield
delivered to door.....
OUCH....

Called the company again and asked about GROUP BUY, he said yes, he will drop the price from 790$ to 672$ if we buy 4 windshields + plus shipping.

Reactions: ehart814
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!