P500 2017 Pioneer 500

T

treystevens1523

Feb 13, 2020
Tabor City SC
Ownership

1. 500
I gotta 2017 Pioneer 500, It was running fine one minute when I parked it went inside and come back out to put dialectric grease in all the connections and after I done the ECM under the seat i tried to start it and when I turned the key to the on position the display did not turn on, the fuel pump did not kick on either but when I turn the key to crank it the starter would spin just like normal. I took the spark plug out to check if it was getting spark and no spark. So my question is after checking all relays and moving them around do you guys think it could be my ECM? If I leave the key on for a minute the ECM get pretty warm not to the point you can’t touch it but hotter then it should. I’ve went through all the fuses in the fuse box and they are all okay, I’ve cleaned every plug on the bike and can not find any broken wires and cleaned all ground points

5A4D2CC4 F48D 4A3E 9157 911CF7546A5C

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I gotta 2017 Pioneer 500, It was running fine one minute when I parked it went inside and come back out to put dialectric grease in all the connections and after I done the ECM under the seat i tried to start it and when I turned the key to the on position the display did not turn on, the fuel pump did not kick on either but when I turn the key to crank it the starter would spin just like normal. I took the spark plug out to check if it was getting spark and no spark. So my question is after checking all relays and moving them around do you guys think it could be my ECM? If I leave the key on for a minute the ECM get pretty warm not to the point you can’t touch it but hotter then it should. I’ve went through all the fuses in the fuse box and they are all okay, I’ve cleaned every plug on the bike and can not find any broken wires and cleaned all ground points

View attachment 183546
Doesn't sound good. Any chance excessive schmoo was used and it is just failing to make a good connection now?

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Had a similar problem with a chevy pickup. Turns out when the plug in went back together one of the pins got bent and ended up getting forced into the wrong hole.

Reactions: Lburou and Mudder
L

Lburou

Dec 3, 2019
Dallas/Fort Worth area, USA
Ownership

1. 500
While we are brainstorming here, I would go back to every connector and make SURE none of the male parts are bent over to short the circuit. I recommend this because I have inadvertantly bent pins in connectors with the best of intentions. HTH

While I was typing 25yds made the same recommendation, must be something to it. ;)

Reactions: Mudder and 25yrds
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Heating up sounds like a grounding short, agree with checking pin alignment and for excess goop. If you also redid other external connections, you did good to check those for good grounding. These machines are sensitive for low voltage. A low battery will also cause strange gremlins. Is the dash display normal or are there any codes flashing? Good luck.

Reactions: 25yrds and Lburou

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!