P500 2017 seatbelt safety disable

J

JTW

Ok.. so I hated that every time I jumped in the pioneer to run from the house to garage or around the farm, the unhooked seatbelt would auto engage the 14mph speed limit feature. That's dumb!!!

So tonight I disconnected it.. all you need is a T10 torx.

First..
unscrew all four T10 torx screws from the back of the seatbelt.

Behind the cover you'll find a wire going to a magnetic sensor.. there is another half to this on the opposite cover.

Remove the sensor side that does NOT have the wire going to it. It simply slides in and out.

This will disable the seatbelt warning and auto speed limiter.

Replace the cover and tighten screws. You now have disabled the stupid safety feature for the 2017 pioneer 500. I'm sure the 700 and 1000 models work the same.

***NOTE*** under the seats there is a plastic cowling. If the cowling is removed and you follow the seatbelt wire back, you'll find a plug connection. You cannot simply unplug the sensor from the wiring harness by the seat belts. This will simply cause the seatbelt warning to stay on regardless of the belt being buckled.

This was a prefect time to remove the ridged drivers seatbelt buckle and replace it with a floppy style.. Thanks to @Jshell3!!! This allows me to now use the full bench seat with no obstructions, as can be done in the 2015 & 2016 p500's.

IMG 0810 IMG 0811 IMG 0812 IMG 0813 IMG 0814 IMG 0815 IMG 0809

J

JTW

Removing the ridged seat belt is quite simple as well..

Remove the plastic cowling under the seat and use a 16mm to unscrew the seatbelt bolt. Pull the sensor and wire off the ridged seatbelt and tuck under the cowling and zip tie back.. I would suggest finding or buying an old floppy style seat belt that's just like the passenger side. It's a 14mm bolt. Just tighten it down put your cowling back together and you have a full bench seat with the 14mph seatbelt safety disabled!

IMG 0815 IMG 0817 IMG 0818 IMG 0819

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Hahaha
good pics...

Reactions: JTW
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It's sooo much better now.. I've got it all tore apart doing wiring.. ugg!!
Did mine a little each day...
but I soldered I my wires
& heat shrinked...all my lights
have plug & play ends... $80
In wire & connectors...etc

J

Jshell3

Stupid simple, huh? I still have one of your buckles if you want to swap the solid buckle out.
Haha. Nope. I'm good.

This is the first mod I've done. It gets easier, right?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Ok.. so I hated that every time I jumped in the pioneer to run from the house to garage or around the farm, the unhooked seatbelt would auto engage the 14mph speed limit feature. That's dumb!!!

So tonight I disconnected it.. all you need is a T10 torx.

First..
unscrew all four T10 torx screws from the back of the seatbelt.

Behind the cover you'll find a wire going to a magnetic sensor.. there is another half to this on the opposite cover.

Remove the sensor side that does NOT have the wire going to it. It simply slides in and out.

This will disable the seatbelt warning and auto speed limiter.

Replace the cover and tighten screws. You now have disabled the stupid safety feature for the 2017 pioneer 500. I'm sure the 700 and 1000 models work the same.

***NOTE*** under the seats there is a plastic cowling. If the cowling is removed and you follow the seatbelt wire back, you'll find a plug connection. You cannot simply unplug the sensor from the wiring harness by the seat belts. This will simply cause the seatbelt warning to stay on regardless of the belt being buckled.

This was a prefect time to remove the ridged drivers seatbelt buckle and replace it with a floppy style.. Thanks to @Jshell3!!! This allows me to now use the full bench seat with no obstructions, as can be done in the 2015 & 2016 p500's.

View attachment 24700 View attachment 24701 View attachment 24702 View attachment 24712 View attachment 24713 View attachment 24715 View attachment 24716
Great advice, and pics, remember to put the wire back in its curved groove for a good fit.

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@utvmi
This is the thread I mentioned.

Reactions: utvmi
DMH

DMH

May 9, 2017
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Yep, Same thing on the 1000. Just did ours. Thanks for the post!

N

ncemt237

May 1, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
i had a 2016 500, hated the thing.... But i never wore the seat belt, and was never speed limited..... just went to a 2018 700.... wife called me tonight and said it all the sudden wont go past 11 or so, so i asked here and was informed about the limiter... first i heard of it... stupid people and their stupid safety... lol

Reactions: Rincon
advertisement