P500 2017 seatbelt safety disable

Trueblood85

Trueblood85

Feb 26, 2019
East NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok.. so I hated that every time I jumped in the pioneer to run from the house to garage or around the farm, the unhooked seatbelt would auto engage the 14mph speed limit feature. That's dumb!!!

So tonight I disconnected it.. all you need is a T10 torx.

First..
unscrew all four T10 torx screws from the back of the seatbelt.

Behind the cover you'll find a wire going to a magnetic sensor.. there is another half to this on the opposite cover.

Remove the sensor side that does NOT have the wire going to it. It simply slides in and out.

This will disable the seatbelt warning and auto speed limiter.

Replace the cover and tighten screws. You now have disabled the stupid safety feature for the 2017 pioneer 500. I'm sure the 700 and 1000 models work the same.

***NOTE*** under the seats there is a plastic cowling. If the cowling is removed and you follow the seatbelt wire back, you'll find a plug connection. You cannot simply unplug the sensor from the wiring harness by the seat belts. This will simply cause the seatbelt warning to stay on regardless of the belt being buckled.

This was a prefect time to remove the ridged drivers seatbelt buckle and replace it with a floppy style.. Thanks to @Jshell3!!! This allows me to now use the full bench seat with no obstructions, as can be done in the 2015 & 2016 p500's.

View attachment 24700 View attachment 24701 View attachment 24702 View attachment 24712 View attachment 24713 View attachment 24715 View attachment 24716
Just did this to my 18 p1k, worked perfect. Thanks for the good pictures and detailed description.

Reactions: JTW
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a few of these from the forum store.
2 Pin Male & Female Plug Connector Set for Honda UTV, SxS, ATV. Wire connector with Terminals and seals.
If you want to completely remove the factory seatbelts on any 2017 or newer and replace with an aftermarket solution, you can either leave the drivers belt installed and tucked behind the seat, or you can remove it and build a jumper with the above kit.
IMG 20190216 1448565

Jumper assembled, ready to install.
Try to leave the loop a bit longer on the jumper. It will allow you to install it as shown below. Wrap the loop around the diagnostic connector to hold it up out of the way.
IMG 20190216 1451232

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Takes a different login account to that store link?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why not just cut off the connector that is on the machine and join the green and gray wires together?
This is reversible and weathertight.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so let me ask a dumb quesiton.
why not just buckle it before you get in? then you have it if you need it
That is an option.
I just put a set of harnesses in 18le and had to figure a way to bypass it and make it reversible if the owner wants to sell or trade it in later in life.

Reactions: Glazer
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Twice, I thought something was wrong with the darn thing when I first bought it, thinking the worst then it would hit me. Aggravating for sure. I buckled it and haven't thought about it since then. Just wondering if there was some unintended consequence by doing it since it seems to work ok.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
so let me ask a dumb quesiton.
why not just buckle it before you get in? then you have it if you need it

I say why not buckle it around your waist? But I get it if you're working and you're in and out all the time, I don't wear it when I'm plowing. Then again if you're doing over 15 you should probably have it on anyway, it's not uncomfortable and doesn't take that long. Don't mean to be a grandpa but sh** can get serious in a hurry, it's saved my ass before. ;)

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Happen to me the other day,while driving if you forget to put it on it won't change the speed you have to stop and turn off the bike and attach seat belt and then good to go fast like 64Km fast...lol .
Not a big deal to attach seat belt but a great safety feature.

Reactions: Bowwow and trigger
Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just did this on my 18 p1000 all i had to do was the sensor in the seatbelt
When i pulled the wire disconnect it didnt make a difference idk whats up with that mabe something on this model does anyone know why this was just curious

J

JTW

When i pulled the wire disconnect it didnt make a difference idk whats up with that mabe something on this model does anyone know why this was just curious
You did something wrong

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does your seatbelt light on the dash come on?

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It does if i unplug that wire that goes to seatbelt took it out for a spin with it unplugged and seatbelt mod sensor removed and it limits out so i just plugged wire back in to see what would happen and it wrks great now

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
to answer ur question no light does not come on

J

JTW

It does if i unplug that wire that goes to seatbelt took it out for a spin with it unplugged and seatbelt mod sensor removed and it limits out so i just plugged wire back in to see what would happen and it wrks great now
You weren’t supposed to unplug it..

J

JTW

Ya I misunderstood that in ur first post i guess anyhow it wrks great and thx for the info
Glad you figured it out... swap out the ridged seat belt for an early floppy style and you’ll like it even better.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!