P1000 2018 1000-5 Limited Shifting Issue

J

Jbsooner83

Aug 11, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a new 2018 1000-5 limited with 140 miles on it. Having an issue where it won’t shift into reverse or low gear. It runs fine in high gear. Seems like it has to be a transmission issue, but with it being pretty new with hardly any miles I can’t imagine what would be wrong. Any ideas?

D

DDDonkey

You may need to adjust the cable under the seat going to the sub trans for the low range issue.

H

HondaTech

Will it shift easier without the engine running?

I had one with broken cable sleeve that caused difficulty shifting into low.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Another possibility is an overfilled or underfilled sub-transmission. Seems odd, but a few members have reported an overfilled sub-trans causing gear range/direction shifting difficulty. When troubleshooting, keep in mind that reverse, low range and high range are all sub-trans related only...as opposed to the DCT, which only rotates "forward" and only in one gear range consisting of six ratios.

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB
J

Jbsooner83

Aug 11, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well guys thank you for those suggestions. I tried no luck going to take it to the dealer. I’ll let you know what they come up with!

Reactions: 0860silverado

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!