P700 2018 700-4 Noise

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
@DG Rider @osobad - thanks for yall's post on this -I have this exact rattle and it's driving me bats***. After reading through the threads this seems like the way to go. I just want to confirm:
1- I shift the current "sleeve" , the one with 2x 12mm bolts, back toward the rear
2- then put this new clamp where the pipes overlap
3- tighten the crap out of it
4- get my sanity back from no listening to a high squeal on every ride
YES

Reactions: Buggyman
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@DG Rider @osobad - thanks for yall's post on this -I have this exact rattle and it's driving me bats***. After reading through the threads this seems like the way to go. I just want to confirm:
1- I shift the current "sleeve" , the one with 2x 12mm bolts, back toward the rear
2- then put this new clamp where the pipes overlap
3- tighten the crap out of it
4- get my sanity back from no listening to a high squeal on every ride
1. I slid the factory clamp back mainly so it would be easy to slide back up if the aftermarket clamp didn't work. I don't think it really does much, but can't hurt. There is a locating tang that will need to be flattened.

2. There is a steel ring on the front pipe. I put the aftermarket clamp directly over it so I could tighten it down more without worry about crushing the pipe.

3. Tighten it, but don't go apes***. See #2 above. Don't want to deform the pipe. Can always go tighter if it still squeaks, but loosening the clamp won't fix a deformed pipe.

4. As I said before...whoever designed this mess should be slapped to death. Or trapped in a room listening to it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!