P1000 2018 LE w/ Lift Rubbing

D

Dutcavich

Mar 17, 2021
Harrisburg, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey, new to the forum, and I appreciate any suggestions.

Just purchased a used 2018 1000-5 LE with a highlifter lift kit on it. No other modifications to suspension.

It's currently sitting on Sedona Rock-A-Billy 30x10R14's. It looks awesome, but I can't stand the rubbing anymore, and it seems to be really slowing down the acceleration. I was surprised when I first brought it home and it seemed rather slow.

The machine is mostly used for farm work, hauling wood, and romping through the pastures. No mudding or crazy trail riding. I prefer a non-aggressive tread so it doesn't eat up the pastures, but need enough grip to pull loaded trailer up hill in wet grass.

I've read I should be on 28"-29" shoes. I'd still like it to look cool, but get some of it's oomph back and not rub. Any thoughts on tire selections?

-Dan

Sxs Sxs2

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You need forward arched arms and imo spacers depending on the Rim your using so it dosnt rub with 30’s and bigger tires than stock will slow it down a bit as well.

Welcome from Michigan
And thanks for posting pictures!

Reactions: Papaandhistoys
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'd rather just change tires out so I can get some power back.
I run 30’s and it has slowed it down. Even with 28’s i noticed power loss but its not horrible, im not driving in the southern 500 on trail lol. There not a car,truck or jeep with power to make up for that so its quite normal to see that drop.

D

Dutcavich

Mar 17, 2021
Harrisburg, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run 30’s and it has slowed it down. Even with 28’s i noticed power loss but its not horrible, im not driving in the southern 500 on trail lol. There not a car,truck or jeep with power to make up for that so its quite normal to see that drop.
Really? That's good to know. I'll look into the control arms. Are they tough to install?

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Really? That's good to know. I'll look into the control arms. Are they tough to install?
Not too bad. There involved for sure. If your mechanical you can do it. Id get fronts and rears not just fronts For balance and you will help the rear rub. I have SATV arms. They've been good for me the last 3 yrs ive had them. Also you have fox shocks. If i were u if u havent already, i would adjust the pre load a bit with those tires and for any load your hauling.

Reactions: Papaandhistoys

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!