P1000 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 Camo Deluxe Build

jake_r15

jake_r15

Feb 7, 2018
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my first post to this forum. I purchased a 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 Camo Deluxe back in November. Since then I have been accessorizing to get it where I want it. I will add pictures and reviews of products along the way.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This is my first post to this forum. I purchased a 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 Camo Deluxe back in November. Since then I have been accessorizing to get it where I want it. I will add pictures and reviews of products along the way.
Congrat's on the purchase - love the camo and welcome to the forums!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome to the addiction.

Join in the conversation. Great place to be.

ENJOY!!!!

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from North Georgia

jake_r15

jake_r15

Feb 7, 2018
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DSC00098
Installed the SuperATV Honda Pioneer 1000 Scratch Resistant Flip Windshield and love it. Love the ability of flipping it all the way open or partial for a little air movement.

DSC00098 DSC00070

Last edited:
jake_r15

jake_r15

Feb 7, 2018
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll post my review of my Moto Alliance Viper Winch and Denali Plow Setups when I get a chance.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
AWESOME!

Let the "SPENDING" continue!!!!

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats and welcome from mid Missouri

jake_r15

jake_r15

Feb 7, 2018
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Moto Alliance Viper Winch Mount / Denali Pro Plow Setup - Not many companies offered a winch setup that was verified for a 2018 machine. I did the Fitment verification for Moto Alliance on both the Viper Winch and 72" Denali Pro Plow Setup. I will say the whole system is very well built using heavy gauge material, however things didn't just "Fall into Place". The winch Mount Bracket collided with the Frame Gussets as shown in the pictures.

Here is some of the feedback I sent them, so I'm guessing some changes may occur due to my input or you may have to do some modifications to make things fit nicely.

It was not a smooth install, but end of the day, they are both installed. I don’t know if it’s slight variations on a 2018 machine or just variance in manufacturing of the mounts.

Winch Mount:

· Top of the Winch Mount Plate collided with the frame gusset.

· Bottom of the Winch Mount Plate collided with the mount for the Front Diff.

Outcome:

o U-bolts aren’t long enough to install per directions and draw the plate up tight to the frame. Must install the bottom ones backwards initially to “Form the plate”. Hoping the winch still mounts to the plate ok.

Suggestions:

· Plate should be notched around the Front Diff Mount and it would probably fit nicely under the Frame gusset on top and around the diff mount.

· Why not just put the rounded section of the U-bolt around the round frame as well?

Plow Mount:

· Front 2 “Ears” are too far apart making the supplied bolts almost too short, (Some required “shaping” not using the 2 recommended washers). This also left a gap between the “ears” and the bumper frame.

· Holes are drilled too low in the “ears” to line up with Factory Bumper holes. Had to use a floor jack to line everything up.

Hoping I don't have to remove, because the passenger side maybe cross-threaded now.

Suggestions:

· Ears should be welded onto mount closer together, or longer bolts with spacers.

· Holes need moved up in ears.

Plow:
  • The mount on the plow where it bolts to the push tube was smashed on the passenger side, See attached photos. Had to do some "pry bar work" to bolt it up to the push tube

Fit Frame Gusset Gap Points of contact DSC00091 DSC00093 Bent 1 Bent 2

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
WOW!!!!
Kind of a funky set up.

My Warn winch and my Moose plow have had zero issues and it was a breeze to hook up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!