P1000 2018 Pioneer 1000 5-le

mccumberrider11

mccumberrider11

Apr 29, 2020
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I'm looking to modify a 2018 pioneer 1000 5-LE for a quadriplegic. She will be in the front, passenger seat. Has anyone installed a 5-point harness or modified seats to bucket seats? Looking for any ideas and or links to help!

Thank you in advance :)

Reactions: Isaiah
G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
A 5 point harness is a great idea, but will it hold herpright? My wife has limited use of her left side and I plan the same thing for her in a 2019 le. I have a post further down asking a similar question. Don.t know how to get you to it. I thinks it is wonderful you are trying to get her out.
Best wishes and stay healthy.

mccumberrider11

mccumberrider11

Apr 29, 2020
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
A 5 point harness is a great idea, but will it hold herpright? My wife has limited use of her left side and I plan the same thing for her in a 2019 le. I have a post further down asking a similar question. Don.t know how to get you to it. I thinks it is wonderful you are trying to get her out.
Best wishes and stay healthy.
Thank you! I found your thread. I really appreciate it, it was very helpful!
I noticed the change in their seats right away, as well. I always thought bucket seats would be best to begin with, it’s just hard to find options or information in it.
I guess my main question now is, can you safely install a 5 point harness without bucket seats? Or are the aftermarket upgrades best?
Safety first, always ! 🤗

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome fellow Michigander!
where bouts you from and ride?
I’m from A2 but have lived in the north Stockbridge area for the last 17yrs. I have a cabin in Gaylord area and ride those trails a lot.

as for bucket seats. It’s been tried a few times that I’ve seen. The end result hasn’t been so great with the P1.Tall guys like me, it seems to boost us up way too high but I’d like to see it done better. Harnesses are common. If you search it in here, you’ll find alot of threads on them. In My own garage, I have done a few variations of this. Any questions just ask.

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!