Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Starting this thread to somewhat organize or at least group the P500 guys that plan to attend the Takeover.

For official Takeover purposes any guided ride will consist of typical Royal Blue (Sundquist TWRA ) trail off of RRB campground.
This would be a Saturday ride all day leave 10AM return about 6PM taking in the most scenic sections of trails.

I will not take P500's to Dragonsback or Widowmaker they can make it but you have to be a very good driver. Not for the phony tough or crazy brave. Due to width and wheelbase a group of P500's through this is not advised. After having to wait 5+ hrs on broken P1K's having them roll multiple times just trying to get down I'm not putting me or you in that position.

The idea is to have fun and see the scenery while meeting other members.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Saturday scenic ride loop all day, easy to moderate trails. Stock machine will be fine but better tires will help. Full skids and a winch would be nice but not needed. Leave RRB at 10AM return about 6PM probably 50 mile ride, no extra fuel needed.

RickyB

RickyB

Jan 12, 2017
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Saturday scenic ride loop all day, easy to moderate trails. Stock machine will be fine but better tires will help. Full skids and a winch would be nice but not needed. Leave RRB at 10AM return about 6PM probably 50 mile ride, no extra fuel needed.

I’m following Bad_bowtie. I always do LOL. You can count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Would you allow some of is P1K or P700 peeps tag along for a scenic ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, but it will be pretty much the same route for all machines the P500 pace just a bit slower due to suspension limitations vs. The P1K . After doing this a couple of years we pretty much know the loop for time and experience.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I might be part of it. I was talking with the wife about it and she mentioned an 8 hour, 50 mile ride is kind of a big chunk taken out of a short weekend. I guess we've never really done this type of riding. We were kinda thinking it was something like you hit a certain trail with a certain group for a few hours, make it back to camp, have some adult beverages, hit another trail with some people, make it back to camp after a few hours, have some drinks, cook, hit another trail for a few hours, etc.. but we will see. She said she's not against it though. Gots to keep the wife happy.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I might be part of it. I was talking with the wife about it and she mentioned an 8 hour, 50 mile ride is kind of a big chunk taken out of a short weekend. I guess we've never really done this type of riding. We were kinda thinking it was something like you hit a certain trail with a certain group for a few hours, make it back to camp, have some adult beverages, hit another trail with some people, make it back to camp after a few hours, have some drinks, cook, hit another trail for a few hours, etc.. but we will see. She said she's not against it though. Gots to keep the wife happy.
@CaptinJackRZR and I will be more than happy to take some smaller groups on these types of rides. We are hoping to get the families with small children together and do exactly what you describe. Hit some of the easily accessible sights.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@CaptinJackRZR and I will be more than happy to take some smaller groups on these types of rides. We are hoping to get the families with small children together and do exactly what you describe. Hit some of the easily accessible sights.
Sounds good! Hell everything about the takeover sounds good! I want to do it all! Lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You have to understand this place is big, heck it takes you nearly a half hour on Trail 27 that is part of the RRB campground climbing up a 2400 foot mountain just to get into the TWRA then trail 19 is 19 miles long circling around the main mountain with all the trails branching off it. In essence a 2 hour ride gets you onto the main trail and back. 240,000 acres is a lot of area. Where we typically take people only covers 20% of that in a 8 hour loop stopping for drinks, snacks, see the waterfalls, overlooks, caves, boulders formations and scenery in general. Probably 5 hours riding and 3 hours checking things out or stopped and talking etc.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
You have to understand this place is big, heck it takes you nearly a half hour on Trail 27 that is part of the RRB campground climbing up a 2400 foot mountain just to get into the TWRA then trail 19 is 19 miles long circling around the main mountain with all the trails branching off it. In essence a 2 hour ride gets you onto the main trail and back. 240,000 acres is a lot of area. Where we typically take people only covers 20% of that in a 8 hour loop stopping for drinks, snacks, see the waterfalls, overlooks, caves, boulders formations and scenery in general. Probably 5 hours riding and 3 hours checking things out or stopped and talking etc.
Wow 240,000 acres is amazing! Well that sounds like all the stuff we would like to see and do. Thanks for the info @JACKAL

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!