2018 Pioneer Takeover/ P500 Group Rides

C

Chooglin

@wcjack11 and I usually hit Perry Forest and Wayne National Forest a dozen times throughout the year. About 30 minutes from me.
I’ve heard of Mines and Meadows, is that a good time?
It's a great time , we camp and ride there a couple times a year. It's fairly small 75 miles of trails but they are expanding.

Reactions: ALM76
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I like Perry, keep saying I'm going to do Wayne.
Mines n meadows sounds cool too.
Post it up next time you go, I'm game.

Reactions: ALM76 and Chooglin
Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
We were with the Choog Brothers. You guys led an excellent ride.
Bill and Lisa, Johnstown, Ohio
IMG 5778

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I’m near Cincinnati.. I’ve been wanting to do more riding. I’ve heard of riding area near Latham, Ohio and Wayne forest but Don’t know details

253DCBC6 F581 4022 A715 F023B4458B7E

Reactions: ALM76 and Chooglin
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I’m near Cincinnati.. I’ve been wanting to do more riding. I’ve heard of riding area near Latham, Ohio and Wayne forest but Don’t know details

View attachment 73783

I am about 1;45 minutes north of cincy on 75. We generally go to KY and TN to ride. I have not been to Wayne and not heard of Latham. I know wayne has width restrictions but they are supposedly working to widen trails. A couple close places for you would be Wildcat, East Bernstadt KY and Dirty Turtle, Bedford KY.

Last edited:
ALM76

ALM76

L-I-V-I-N
Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2017
Lancaster, Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 73783

Wayne National Forest is a Federal Area broken up into 3 trail heads across SE Ohio. 50" limit. You need the machine to be registered with State Tags (license plate) and buy a riding permit (1 day,3 day, 7 day , annual) We typically ride near Nelsonville Trail Head (Monday Creek). its been awhile since I've been down to Ironton trail head (Hanging Rock). They are usually groomed during winter and get rougher over the summer into fall. It's good riding for the day or camp near by. Also has trail areas good for kids to learn the ropes. Wayne National Forest - ATV

Perry is where we do most of our riding. It's state owned out side New Lexington, probably about 30 miles of trails maintained by a volunteer crew. It's a 62" limit but have seen bigger there. They add more trails as they go. All that is needed there is the machine to be registered with the state (license plate), no daily permit. It's pretty good riding for the day mud holes, rocks just about everything. There is a camp ground with access to trails also.

We should meet up sometime, we're about due to hit Hanging Rock. That's probably not to far from you?

Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I have rode Wayne a lot, Both the Pine Creek trails and the Nelsonville trails. Pine creek is less groomed and more technical riding. Nothing crazy but more challenging than Nelsonville. We quit going to Pine Creek because our trucks kept getting broken into. The parking is secluded and the trails are not used that much. Guess that gives the locals time to help themselves to anything they want. Nelsonville is well groomed and well traveled. There is camping at New Straightsville. Right up the road is Perry State Forest. Free to ride and better trails. There is a campsite there as well.

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 73783
I am about 1;45 minutes north of cincy on 75. We generally go to KY and TN to ride. I have not been to Wayne and not heard of Latham. I know wayne has width restrictions but they are supposedly working to widen trails. A couple close places for you would be Wildcat, East Bernstadt KY and Dirty Turtle, Bedford KY.
The “Latham” place is probably referring to Pike State Forest APV Area. It’s located between Sinking Spring and Latham. State owned. Free. 62” width restriction. Only requirement is a state ATV tag. It’s a pretty nice little place to ride. And usually not very crowded at all. The only drawback is that you can pretty much ride the whole thing in a couple of hours. It’s only 20 minutes from my house so I usually go there several times a year. Closed from the start of deer gun season until sometime in April so I believe it is open. I have not made it over there yet this year.

Reactions: GRANITE
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
The “Latham” place is probably referring to Pike State Forest APV Area. It’s located between Sinking Spring and Latham. State owned. Free. 62” width restriction. Only requirement is a state ATV tag. It’s a pretty nice little place to ride. And usually not very crowded at all. The only drawback is that you can pretty much ride the whole thing in a couple of hours. It’s only 20 minutes from my house so I usually go there several times a year. Closed from the start of deer gun season until sometime in April so I believe it is open. I have not made it over there yet this year.

@Derail I think I have rode at this place. We stayed at a campground like 1/2 away out in the middle of nowhere. They had a big lake and waterslide with gocarts and everything. I remember trails being nice but on the smaller side and a airplane had crashed there ( I thought). That's about 2 hrs 20 min from me.

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@Derail I think I have rode at this place. We stayed at a campground like 1/2 away out in the middle of nowhere. They had a big lake and waterslide with gocarts and everything. I remember trails being nice but on the smaller side and a airplane had crashed there ( I thought). That's about 2 hrs 20 min from me.
That would be “Long’s Retreat” resort/ campground. It’s privately owned. It is right down the road from the State owned atv riding area. And yes there was a plane crash there.
“In the middle of nowhere” ha ha. Thats a good description of this area and part of the reason I love it so much

Reactions: GRANITE
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
That was the Stump Humper spot. Two machines got high centered on two separate stumps. I'm glad you got a picture as my camera was dead by then.
Yup, that would be me for one, just to the right of the tree. Running order was changed so many times during that ride I’m not sure who actually was behind me at that time to pull me off the stump but many thanks.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am game for mines and meadows as well, as long as a 1000 is welcome.

I'm pretty sure Mines and Meadows doesn't have any width restrictions. I've seen a Yami and 4 seat rzr's there. That said it would be worth the phone call to ask before making the drive. I went once last year and once this year. I kind of like it for a day trip. If I was going for a multi-day ride though, I'd definitely head to Hatfield McCoy instead. Just one man's opinion. :)

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure Mines and Meadows doesn't have any width restrictions. I've seen a Yami and 4 seat rzr's there. That said it would be worth the phone call to ask before making the drive. I went once last year and once this year. I kind of like it for a day trip. If I was going for a multi-day ride though, I'd definitely head to Hatfield McCoy instead. Just one man's opinion. :)
Oh, i can ride there. I was refering to a 1000 with a group of 500’s. I did jump into your threads.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, i can ride there. I was refering to a 1000 with a group of 500’s. I did jump into your threads.

If you wanted to join with a unicycle I'd be game. Sure, I'd laugh and rib you for it, but I'd do that if you had my exact machine with the same mods too. All part of the fun.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!