BOX1

2018 Pioneer Takeover/ P500 Group Rides

M

MORTONSP5

Jan 23, 2018
SOUTH CAROLINA
Ownership

1. 500
Starting this thread to somewhat organize or at least group the P500 guys that plan to attend the Takeover.

For official Takeover purposes any guided ride will consist of typical Royal Blue (Sundquist TWRA ) trail off of RRB campground.
This would be a Saturday ride all day leave 10AM return about 6PM taking in the most scenic sections of trails.

I will not take P500's to Dragonsback or Widowmaker they can make it but you have to be a very good driver. Not for the phony tough or crazy brave. Due to width and wheelbase a group of P500's through this is not advised. After having to wait 5+ hrs on broken P1K's having them roll multiple times just trying to get down I'm not putting me or you in that position.

The idea is to have fun and see the scenery while meeting other members.
Would like to tag along if thats ok

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
Starting this thread to somewhat organize or at least group the P500 guys that plan to attend the Takeover.

For official Takeover purposes any guided ride will consist of typical Royal Blue (Sundquist TWRA ) trail off of RRB campground.
This would be a Saturday ride all day leave 10AM return about 6PM taking in the most scenic sections of trails.

I will not take P500's to Dragonsback or Widowmaker they can make it but you have to be a very good driver. Not for the phony tough or crazy brave. Due to width and wheelbase a group of P500's through this is not advised. After having to wait 5+ hrs on broken P1K's having them roll multiple times just trying to get down I'm not putting me or you in that position.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky

I know I have took mine on widow Maker but I have offset tires and wheels with 27" tires with spacers.It was still tough.I think I'll skip that trail this year.lol

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I know I have took mine on widow Maker but I have offset tires and wheels with 27" tires with spacers.It was still tough.I think I'll skip that trail this year.lol
I doubt I will get to ride - ride royal blue this year but if I did i would have to look at Widowmaker personally to decide then whether I can make it or not and that will be a personal decision not a group decision. I road some really rough stuff at Mulberry when I went there so it would be interesting to at least check it out, even if I don't try it. What do you think @Montecresto

Reactions: markie
riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can count Appalachian Mountain Riders to be in and covering the ride! I owe the success of my YouTube start to all you P5 owners so of course I'm going hang and ride with you guys. My wife would probably have no problem bringing the kids in the P1k5 along with us as well.

I'm staying in one of the hillbilly retreat cabins. Anyone else staying in one too or near by? I have no idea how things are layed out there.
im in hillbile deluxe 19

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Just got off the phone with the gentleman from Eagle Campground. Super nice fella. Unfortunately despite his best efforts, he is not gonna have the campground open in time for the Takeover. So there will be no cabins to rent there in April. And apparently Windrock is having their big “Shindig” ATV festival the same weekend as the Takeover so all of the campgrounds and hotels are booked up. If I am going to attend the Takeover, it looks like I will be roughing it in a tent. Not sure if I want to do that in April. Need to research average temps for that time of year and determine if these old bones want to rough it.

Last edited:
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like the average low temp for late April is around 50 degrees so I think that will be OK. I have a small tent that I use on motorcycle trips that should work ok. Probably try to set up at RRB Close to where the Takeover group is staying. I’ll be there Friday afternoon and will be heading back north Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Called RRB to inquire about a primitive camp spot. She said they are all filled up in the campground. She did say that I could talk to someone there who is there in an RV spot and if they didn’t care to let me set up my tent on a corner of their spot, that I could stay there for $ 20 a night plus tax. Seems kinda s***ty to charge $20 bucks a night to set up a little tent on a spot that someone else has already paid for. I have never been to RRB so I’m a bit clueless. If anyone has suggestions or advice it would be welcome. I just need a spot to set up on that is relatively close to the bath house/restroom

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Called RRB to inquire about a primitive camp spot. She said they are all filled up in the campground. She did say that I could talk to someone there who is there in an RV spot and if they didn’t care to let me set up my tent on a corner of their spot, that I could stay there for $ 20 a night plus tax. Seems kinda s***ty to charge $20 bucks a night to set up a little tent on a spot that someone else has already paid for. I have never been to RRB so I’m a bit clueless. If anyone has suggestions or advice it would be welcome. I just need a spot to set up on that is relatively close to the bath house/restroom

Bring a GOOD sleeping pad, RV spots are gravel. Supply and demand, low supply high demand.

I’m not very familiar with any of the other campgrounds other than Windrock and Ride Royal Blue only places I’ve stayed up there.

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Bring a GOOD sleeping pad, RV spots are gravel. Supply and demand, low supply high demand.

I’m not very familiar with any of the other campgrounds other than Windrock and Ride Royal Blue only places I’ve stayed up there.
The girl on the phone said that if I could find someone who had a 30 or 50 amp electric with water RV site, that the back side of those spots have grass up against the bank. I have no idea. Never been there. I won’t set up a tent on gravel. It’s a several hour drive for me. If I’m not able to come up with a good plan ahead of time, I may end up skipping out on the Takeover this year. I reckon I should have gotten an earlier start on my planning. My predicament is due to my late decision to join the fun. No big deal. But it is starting to look like I have no good choices for lodging close to the event. And the dude from Eagle campground said that the “Shindig” festival at Windrock is going to be massive so the whole general area may be pretty crowded that weekend.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The girl on the phone said that if I could find someone who had a 30 or 50 amp electric with water RV site, that the back side of those spots have grass up against the bank. I have no idea. Never been there. I won’t set up a tent on gravel. It’s a several hour drive for me. If I’m not able to come up with a good plan ahead of time, I may end up skipping out on the Takeover this year. I reckon I should have gotten an earlier start on my planning.

If you can get one against the hill there is grass.

Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The girl on the phone said that if I could find someone who had a 30 or 50 amp electric with water RV site, that the back side of those spots have grass up against the bank. I have no idea. Never been there. I won’t set up a tent on gravel. It’s a several hour drive for me. If I’m not able to come up with a good plan ahead of time, I may end up skipping out on the Takeover this year. I reckon I should have gotten an earlier start on my planning. My predicament is due to my late decision to join the fun. No big deal. But it is starting to look like I have no good choices for lodging close to the event. And the dude from Eagle campground said that the “Shindig” festival at Windrock is going to be massive so the whole general area may be pretty crowded that weekend.
We have one of the spots she mentioned. You would be welcome to throw up a tent.

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
Saturday scenic ride loop all day, easy to moderate trails. Stock machine will be fine but better tires will help. Full skids and a winch would be nice but not needed. Leave RRB at 10AM return about 6PM probably 50 mile ride, no extra fuel needed.
Me and couple more units will be with you.That will give us time to get from motel.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!