It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
@ProudDadOf5 you put anything on the ground yet bud?
Been a crazy week in the woods so I haven’t posted in a bit. Lost power during those strong winds on Wednesday. Trees and branches breakin everywhere. I drove a spike to my brother and I got a doe last day for meat. I used my 30-06 and she was walking away so it was either in the bung hole or ribs with possible gut shot. Told my daughter to cover her ears in the blind. That damn bullet hit that thing @ 30 yds and it looks like a .50 ripped thru it!! All ribs and nothing wrong with that hind quarter, pretty much field dressed itself lol..

F15A6134 068D 45CD A23D 9CC02B27CC40

6787F3D9 C2EE 4B33 8028 BB2595A5E04D

BBD8817F BA88 486E B068 37C52F3D70FB

2156138F 75BF 48C0 BA20 11D028ACF120

Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
My god looks like a tank smacked her lol! Either way congrats on the harvest I seen more deer in the 1st two days than I have in 5 years. Saw 17 doe and 1 buck opening day but couldn’t get a shot on the buck nor could I tell how big he was Tuesday morning I was running late went to pick up my wife’s pawpaw at 5:30 he decided to stay home didn’t get in the blind til 7 and at 7:40 the biggest buck I’ve ever laid my eyes on found himself with a dirt nap. I tried dragging him by myself but over did it had myself puking and everything so in the midst of calling for help saw 2 more doe right on the trail and another 6 point. Once we got him where I could hook the p5 it turned into a dozer/ mountain goat running over trees and on a mountain that was straight up and down needless to say this will be a hunt I’ll never forget!!

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My god looks like a tank smacked her lol! Either way congrats on the harvest I seen more deer in the 1st two days than I have in 5 years. Saw 17 doe and 1 buck opening day but couldn’t get a shot on the buck nor could I tell how big he was Tuesday morning I was running late went to pick up my wife’s pawpaw at 5:30 he decided to stay home didn’t get in the blind til 7 and at 7:40 the biggest buck I’ve ever laid my eyes on found himself with a dirt nap. I tried dragging him by myself but over did it had myself puking and everything so in the midst of calling for help saw 2 more doe right on the trail and another 6 point. Once we got him where I could hook the p5 it turned into a dozer/ mountain goat running over trees and on a mountain that was straight up and down needless to say this will be a hunt I’ll never forget!!
Memories are definitely made during hunting season. Tons of beer consumed with Jack and Coke. Sounds like you’ve had one hell of a season. Congratulations on your harvest bub, he looks amazing. Once you get done puking you’re pretty much done for the day!! So glad you got to get out. All the big bucks and elk are down your way :mad::mad::D

Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
The puki
Memories are definitely made during hunting season. Tons of beer consumed with Jack and Coke. Sounds like you’ve had one hell of a season. Congratulations on your harvest bub, he looks amazing. Once you get done puking you’re pretty much done for the day!! So glad you got to get out. All the big bucks and elk are down your way :mad::mad::D[/QUOTE. Puking was the worst part but well worth it. There’s some big down here just far and few between lol

Reactions: ProudDadOf5
advertisement
Asarkozi

Asarkozi

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2018
Oak Harbor, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had a great weekend and got this big pig Sat evening and this 10pt buck Sun afternoon.
Took the pig with a Bushmaster AR15 that has been customized and topped with a thermal scope and used Barnes 62 gr TTSX pills. Have pics of a couple more big boys that I hope to put my wife on next weekend.

The buck was taken with my Rem 700 BDL topped with a Leupold scope and shooting Rem 150 gr CL Bullets.

Had a hard time passing our “duck” tank as it was covered in ducks. We try to hold off on serious duck hunting till all the members get their buck. Only 2 more guys need to tag a buck, then it’s fowl time

One of our guys did get 2 great Gobblers yesterday while his younger son was after a buck. The son did get a 10pt that had some “ground shrinkage”. Should have let that one go another year or 2.

View attachment 167468 View attachment 167467

Hello,

I was looking around on the forums and I found a bunch of photos of your hog kills. Long story short my family and I for the past few years would go down to Gause, Tx to hog hunt and fish for a week. Over the summer the ranch owner sold the place so we can no longer go that route. Do you offer that type of thing or can you point me in the right direction? It the past we went down in Feb/March while is was still pretty cool outside and not too warm. Last year we had 8 guys but will probably have less this year 4 -6.

Thanks,

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello,

I was looking around on the forums and I found a bunch of photos of your hog kills. Long story short my family and I for the past few years would go down to Gause, Tx to hog hunt and fish for a week. Over the summer the ranch owner sold the place so we can no longer go that route. Do you offer that type of thing or can you point me in the right direction? It the past we went down in Feb/March while is was still pretty cool outside and not too warm. Last year we had 8 guys but will probably have less this year 4 -6.

Thanks,

Our hunting is by annual membership and we do not offer day hunts.
You might check out Walking K Guided hunts on Facebook. The owner runs a great program and it’s located about 2 hours west of DFW.

Asarkozi

Asarkozi

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2018
Oak Harbor, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our hunting is by annual membership and we do not offer day hunts.
You might check out Walking K Guided hunts on Facebook. The owner runs a great program and it’s located about 2 hours west of DFW.

I will check into that, Thanks

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was lucky enough to have a wife that could fill the freezer. Not your typical Thanksgiving day, but it sure was a Great day. I still have a tag in my pocket with the hopes of attaching it to a big bulls antler. 3921138b73012fcb19f5d0d263cbe222

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!