H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Still running like new. The right rear wheel bearing, the left front dif seal, and the rear sub trans seal are being replaced. I really appreciate the Honda reliability and high quality build. The suspension is acceptable with the tender spring cross over rings moved up. The dirty under bed air box intake location had to be snorkeled up under the roof with a pre filter making the factory air filter good for 30,000 miles. With the clean air location the pre filter is ok for over 5,000 miles. All the Honda Side by Sides benefit from a clean air snorkel for high mileage use except for the Pioneer 1000 which has an up front under hood air box intake location. I’ve been running 30 inch tires but the high speed sand wash performance is noticeably better with 28 inch tires. I decided to keep it stock and with 28’s I really don’t need the Turbo when riding with my Turbo friends. I installed Weller Racing springs on the rear for a noticeable improvement and will be doing more testing in the sand wash washboard this fall. I’m driving my 2020 Talon and 2016 Yamaha YXZ frequently now. I’m waiting to see all the 2021 Talons and may buy a 4 seat Talon for next year. My 2020 Talon R needs the left front dif seal replaced. The Part number is superseded to the 2021 dif seal so I expect the new seal will fix this known problem.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sounds good, Bob. Your intake modification should be made a sticky since it is a frequent question, and ongoing issue. I hope Honda addresses it.

Reactions: Iowamike
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I agree, Bob's snorkel idea is the most important engine protection mod I've done.

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Great report Honda Bob. I really want the live valve and hope it can be purchased for installation in my 2020 Talon R.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still running like new. The right rear wheel bearing, the left front dif seal, and the rear sub trans seal are being replaced. I really appreciate the Honda reliability and high quality build. The suspension is acceptable with the tender spring cross over rings moved up. The dirty under bed air box intake location had to be snorkeled up under the roof with a pre filter making the factory air filter good for 30,000 miles. With the clean air location the pre filter is ok for over 5,000 miles. All the Honda Side by Sides benefit from a clean air snorkel for high mileage use except for the Pioneer 1000 which has an up front under hood air box intake location. I’ve been running 30 inch tires but the high speed sand wash performance is noticeably better with 28 inch tires. I decided to keep it stock and with 28’s I really don’t need the Turbo when riding with my Turbo friends. I installed Weller Racing springs on the rear for a noticeable improvement and will be doing more testing in the sand wash washboard this fall. I’m driving my 2020 Talon and 2016 Yamaha YXZ frequently now. I’m waiting to see all the 2021 Talons and may buy a 4 seat Talon for next year. My 2020 Talon R needs the left front dif seal replaced. The Part number is superseded to the 2021 dif seal so I expect the new seal will fix this known problem.
Any of your buddies with high milage on krx?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Great report Honda Bob. I really want the live valve and hope it can be purchased for installation in my 2020 Talon R.
It's coming but it's going to hurt ($$$$). :oops: Since I'm not a racer, I'll be happy with spring replacement and shock revalving, probably from Weller Racing since ST is rumored to overspring their setups (for my use).

An example from Shock Therapy but not for the Talon yet.

Reactions: HavasuDave
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
None of the guys in our group have the KRX. The license is $500 instead of $10 due to the weight. My Buddy has the Weller Racing Springs and valving done on his Talon R and says its amazing now.

Reactions: TripleB and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!