H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Still runs like new. I may not sell this one until late this year with 25,000 miles on it. A few times on cold start my Talon will stall if I don’t hold enough throttle to keep it running. No engine light or codes. I expect the IACV, idle air control valve, is sticking closed. After it warms up a bit the idle speed is normal. If it gets more consistent I will remove the IACV and clean it or swap it with my 2020 Talon to see if the idle problem transfers.

My buddy has over 12,000 miles on his 2018 RZR1000. So far it has had around $11,000 in repairs. His extended warranty covered most of it but every time it breaks its in the shop for 2 to 3 weeks. When I had Polaris RZR’s 10 years ago I had 3 of them so I would always have something to drive. I ride in the back most of the time so when the RZR breaks I don’t have to go back looking for my buddy. We drive at a fast pace and may not meet up until a gate which can be 10 miles.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Bob if you could keep us informed on the idle thing. Mine will sometimes die when coming to a stop with a cold motor- not a problem, but it is irritating. I think it started doing this around 13-14000 miles. It seems more apt to do it at lower air temperatures, 40 is as cold as we go out. I plan to run this machine untill i have reason to believe it may become unreliable. I am reasonably sure it will go away if it were to cost me anywhere near what your buddy has put into his rzr, but as long as the consumers accept his experience as normal the manufacturers will not improve in any way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!