H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The Talon is not perfect but its so much better than the belt drive brands. The air intake location is easy to fix and most all of the suspension shops do a good job improving the suspension. I have owned 10 Honda Side by Sides and put on around 90,000 miles without a breakdown. Anything can break and one can have a wreck so when I go on a solo ride I take my little Suzuki. It is way better then walking and I had to ride it a few times when my Polaris and Yamaha Side by Sides broke. One time when my Polaris broke I had to ride it 38 miles. Another time it was 10 miles when my Yamaha Rhino broke.

My brake pads are still in near new condition so they should last for at least 50,000 miles. I will replace the iridium “100,000 mile in a car” spark plugs at 25,000 miles.

My buddy bought a high end Fox Shock set with the high speed, low speed, and the rebound adjusters. He sold his Shock Therapy adjusted shock set to me for good buddy price. My Tender Springs were sacked out so I really needed some suspension improvement.

My Talon is like an all new UTV now. I knew the suspension shops did a good job improving the Talon suspension but it is better than I expected. I have the high speed and low speed compression adjustors and did some high speed testing. With both adjustors full soft it still works great on the high speed whoops and its noticeable better in the Washboard.

My wife said I’m simple minded and easy to please. That explains how I could put 20,600 miles on the stock suspension and have fun doing it. The Fun Factor has increased so I will be doing longer rides now. I was thinking about buying a Talon X next but with the improved suspension on my Talon R I just can’t give up the 5 inches of travel.

I don’t expect much improvement in the 2022 models but I could be wrong. It will take a year and a half to put 25,000 miles on my 2020 Talon R so it looks like I will be buying a 2023 model next.

19 Talon
19 Talon2

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I think you put more miles on a sxs than I do on my vehicles and sxs together. Thanks for the long term reports, love hearing about your experience with the machine and long term dependability of the machine.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The Fun factor is huge with 3 Talons and we don't have to be concerned about a RZR breaking down. We kept it under 50 most of the time in the sand washes. We only did 15 miles of the 30 mile wash and 12 miles of the 26 mile wash. The round trip was 121 miles. Most of the guys in the Tuesday ride group have Talons now, it used to be mostly RZR's.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!