highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

Other Brand,
Talon X
Has one else experienced this problem? I just noticed this weekend that both side seals were leaking, right side much worse than left side? What is this crap? I have almost no miles on the machine and seals are already leaking? Sounds like Polaris quality, except I never had a seal leak on those!! I bought this machine to NOT work on it!!!

box4

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

Talon R
Has one else experienced this problem? I just noticed this weekend that both side seals were leaking, right side much worse than left side? What is this crap? I have almost no miles on the machine and seals are already leaking? Sounds like Polaris quality, except I never had a seal leak on those!! I bought this machine to NOT work on it!!!
Take it in for warranty or buy the $5 seals yourself and replace them, not that big of a deal. They must have had a bad batch of seals or were installed wrong. My right side was leaking at 40 miles. Replaced it myself because I didn't want to haul it to the dealer. I have since had the sub transmission rebuilt and both rear axles replaced under warranty. My machine has around 500 miles now. Still wouldn't go back to a belt. LOL

HondaTech

Working For Mother Honda!!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
Of the few I've done, ita appears to be an axle install problem. The lips get folded in and cause a leak. It seems to be hit or miss, but definitely not a "bad" seal.

I grease the heck out of the new ones with Sil Glyde to ease install and minimize a return leak.

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

Talon X
I had the same issue with a Honda Rincon I had. Agreed, bad axle install and that jacks up the seals.

PaulF

Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

Talon R
Have them check the diff vent lines too. There are other (unconfirmed) reports that the factory applied too much glue at the point where the hose meets the nipple where it goes into the frame. This caused the tube to be plugged and pressure built up in the diff when it got warm and caused the seal(s) to leak.

Again, this is completely unconfirmed but worth looking at to see if it is truly a possibility.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!