Calendar **2019** Taylor Lake Colorado Group Ride [Sep 6, 2019] (CO)

Durangotang

Durangotang

Feb 24, 2018
Just outside Durango, CO
Yea, the San Juan's got tons of snow this winter. I stopped in at the visitor center in Silverton last week and they're working hard to get some of the 4x4 routes dug out. Crews are digging through numerous avalanche slides. Jeep, ATV & SxS folks are a large part of the revenue Silverton needs during their short summer tourist season but this year will be a late start.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Yea, the San Juan's got tons of snow this winter. I stopped in at the visitor center in Silverton last week and they're working hard to get some of the 4x4 routes dug out. Crews are digging through numerous avalanche slides. Jeep, ATV & SxS folks are a large part of the revenue Silverton needs during their short summer tourist season but this year will be a late start.
We had reservations for the Elk Horn RV Park in Lake City the 24th, so that is not going to work out, so we had to reschedule for the end of August, most of the snow should be gone up higher by then.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 128856
Do like I did say screw it were going. I'd never been west until 2 yrs ago. Loaded up the family, some camp gear and hit the road. That's with 3 kids ages 1, 4 and 6.
Same place.Y'all feeling short or cant see enough? Try ladders at your local hardware store....
IMG 1524

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Same place.Y'all feeling short or cant see enough? Try ladders at your local hardware store....
View attachment 135235
Shoot @Plumber32 was drag racing that rig before it ever got here lol.
Our trip up there will be much faster this year with both of us in 1000’s.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
After a few weeks of phone tag with Taylor Park finally got my reservation locked in. RV site #4 for 5 nights starting Wednesday 9/4/19 and departing Monday 9/ 9/19.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Hey @Tramguage1 have you all figured out when and where you are staying in Lake City ? I'd like to meet up with you all to ride the Alpine Loop.
Don't go too early, we had the cancel our plans for the end of this month because much of the loop is still not open because of snow and Lake City is preparing for flooding.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey @Tramguage1 have you all figured out when and where you are staying in Lake City ? I'd like to meet up with you all to ride the Alpine Loop.

Don't go too early, we had the cancel our plans for the end of this month because much of the loop is still not open because of snow and Lake City is preparing for flooding.

We are planning on going there in September just before the Taylor Park ride.

Maybe we will see you up there, Where are you staying?

LMAO good god @Alan you even read the posts? LMAO @TimG was asking himself, where @Tramguage1 was staying . Then you came in with the snow is falling :rolleyes::oops:o_O:eek::D:p

He doesn't know yet either. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Youins is some cheep entertainment. :p

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
LMAO good god @Alan you even read the posts? LMAO @TimG was asking himself, where @Tramguage1 was staying . Then you came in with the snow is falling :rolleyes::oops:o_O:eek::D:p

He doesn't know yet either. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Youins is some cheep entertainment. :p
Lmao!

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500

You saying I screwed up? You know the rules, no pictures it didn't happen.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
It's too late to get a cabin. As of yesterday there were a few RV sites available. Coming from Texas, my options are 1) rent motorhome to tow and then sleep in, 2) tow with truck and tent camp, or 3) tow with truck and stay in nearby hotel. I think it will be too cold (for me) to tent camp as the internet says night temps dip to the low 30s. What do you all think about the hotel options?

Reactions: TimG and sharp
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It's too late to get a cabin. As of yesterday there were a few RV sites available. Coming from Texas, my options are 1) rent motorhome to tow and then sleep in, 2) tow with truck and tent camp, or 3) tow with truck and stay in nearby hotel. I think it will be too cold (for me) to tent camp as the internet says night temps dip to the low 30s. What do you all think about the hotel options?
I have a truck tent you can borrow. We have used it many times with an air mattress in bed of truck. We have spent a couple nights in light snow and sleet. A small heater and plenty of blankets would keep ya warm. Just let me know if you would like to use it.

We have another member caravaning with us from the Lake Palisten area. @ Rocket

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No reservations in Lake City area yet. I'm thinking about dry camping one or two nights.
If anyone is familiar with the area and knows of a place accessible to travel trailers. Please contact me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!