P700 2020 p700 stalling when put in drive

A

Ariestmh

Nov 1, 2021
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My uncle owns a 2020 p700 and it just started today that when puts it in drive and tries to take off it stalls. If it is park and he revs it it is fine. Anybody have any ideas. He has checked the battery terminals and cables they arnt loose or corroded

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sounds like a bad neutral switch or out of adjustment cables.

Were u from? we havent heard of a state called USA 😂
Looks like youve been a member for 4 months. Congrats on your first post. Sorry its not about your own machine. we have a saying round here when u first post, goes for your uncles too.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
My uncle owns a 2020 p700 and it just started today that when puts it in drive and tries to take off it stalls. If it is park and he revs it it is fine. Anybody have any ideas. He has checked the battery terminals and cables they arnt loose or corroded

Did you check all of the grounds to the frame? Honda sxs's are real sensitive to bad grounds.

A

Ariestmh

Nov 1, 2021
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds like a bad neutral switch or out of adjustment cables.

Were u from? we havent heard of a state called USA 😂
Looks like youve been a member for 4 months. Congrats on your first post. Sorry its not about your own machine. we have a saying round here when u first post, goes for your uncles too.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen.
I appreciate your response I will have him look at it.

I am from colorado. I haven’t posted about my sxs because it is running good and have not had a problem with it thankfully. I have a p1000-3 limited 2018 fully cabed with hard doors and a plow. But I don’t have a picture of it so it didn’t happen right 😂. Enough about me though. I would post a picture of the problem with his p700 but it would be a pointless picture cause you couldn’t see it stall out.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
But I don’t have a picture of it so it didn’t happen right 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: Backwoods
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is the dash rebooting like when the key gets turned on?

The grounds are on the frame in front of the passenger rear wheel.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice rigs! I think🤔😂
Ill let u in on a secret, its not just for me ;)
But this parts from me lol…. Im not sure witch to be impressed about? that you have over 9k of pics in your phone or that u have 9k of pics and only one of your machine from a distance looks like u have a broken tirod 😂🥳

• Haha
Reactions: WagginTail
A

Ariestmh

Nov 1, 2021
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nice rigs! I think🤔😂
Ill let u in on a secret, its not just for me ;)
But this parts from me lol…. Im not sure witch to be impressed about? that you have over 9k of pics in your phone or that u have 9k of pics and only one of your machine from a distance looks like u have a broken tirod 😂🥳
My job requires me to take pictures everyday so that is why I have so many and my sxs is for work purposes only. I have never taken it out for a trail ride cause I am in it all day everyday. So going for a joy ride on the weekend isn’t what I want to do. No broken tie rod just shadows that make it look weird. Now I am at home I can take more pictures of it

085DBEC5 5106 4817 BB02 123BEC0FBEDB 2527E7FF 2758 4D09 9B85 F05A9BF1B514

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My job requires me to take pictures everyday so that is why I have so many and my sxs is for work purposes only. I have never taken it out for a trail ride cause I am in it all day everyday. So going for a joy ride on the weekend isn’t what I want to do. No broken tie rod just shadows that make it look weird. Now I am at home I can take more pictures of it

View attachment 324769 View attachment 324770
Looks good man!! I was just givin u $hit about the 9k pics. This POIDH ritual goes way back about some infiltrators on the forum years ago. Its become an unwritten rule staple here for posters without pics yet. Im the biggiest A hole about it lol. But its all in fun. Thanks for playing along.

Hope u get your uncles machine straightened out. The P7 guys are great at diag.

Heres a pic of my rigs just For posting yours ;)
E32FBB8B FB20 40A0 9369 5F9DCA66E366

A

Ariestmh

Nov 1, 2021
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is the dash rebooting like when the key gets turned on?

The grounds are on the frame in front of the passenger rear wheel.
Yes the dash is rebooting like when the key gets turned on. Sometimes the screen reboots in neutral but does not die it wants to die but it doesn’t . When it’s put in drive it dies and the screen reboots.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes the dash is rebooting like when the key gets turned on. Sometimes the screen reboots in neutral but does not die it wants to die but it doesn’t . When it’s put in drive it dies and the screen reboots.
Sounds like a bad ground. Did he recently just wash it?

A

Ariestmh

Nov 1, 2021
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks good man!! I was just givin u $hit about the 9k pics. This POIDH ritual goes way back about some infiltrators on the forum years ago. Its become an unwritten rule staple here for posters without pics yet. Im the biggiest A hole about it lol. But its all in fun. Thanks for playing along.

Hope u get your uncles machine straightened out. The P7 guys are great at diag.

Heres a pic of my rigs just For posting yours ;)
View attachment 324773
Nice rigs for sure. Definitely nicer then mine. You are good. I am a good sport.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It was washed then sat for 2 months and it is the first day off the trailer for it
I wonder if something go wet? check all the molex connectors. They can get wet and hold moisture for a really long time and cause issues

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wonder if something go wet? check all the molex connectors. They can get wet and hold moisture for a really long time and cause issues
Like Remi said check connectors and spray with WD 40 before re connecting , About the only good thing I have to say about WD 40, great water dispersant. That should start a fire storm!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 324769 View attachment 324770
Dang I need that job

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!