BOX1

P700 Lose throttle when warmed up.

D

Dooley112

May 12, 2023
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Recently got a new to me 2019 700-4 with a little over 1k miles a few weeks ago. Test drove it and looked over everything and it looked great. Was owned by an old man with a tree farm so I felt comfortable buying it. Drives and shift great but after riding for about 20 minutes I will lose throttle all the dash will light up and it will die. It restarts fine and will be fine for a few more minutes and it will do it again. I drained the fuel and treated it with seafoam just to rule old fuel as a possibility out. Drove fine after but after a long ride it started doing it again. What else could be the issue be? All fluids are good and the temp on the bike doesn’t go past two bars. New to side by sides so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

B1011C9C 8B03 451B 9953 63F231BD69FA

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Recently got a new to me 2019 700-4
Welcome from commie run Michigan!
First things first when u join/first post. Cant say u have a rig without pics! Besides the deputies around here get mad if u dont!
Pics Or It Didtnt Happen!

Easy peasy first! If u use the search up top u will see that grounds are most common issue with these rigs.
If its truly a 19’ and drivin on a farm, lots of dust moisture and other debris and will make them bad fo sho!

D

Dooley112

May 12, 2023
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from commie run Michigan!
First things first when u join/first post. Cant say u have a rig without pics! Besides the deputies around here get mad if u dont!
Pics Or It Didtnt Happen!

Easy peasy first! If u use the search up top u will see that grounds are most common issue with these rigs.
If its truly a 19’ and drivin on a farm, lots of dust moisture and other debris and will make them bad fo sho!
Sorry I didn’t know the rules. I will post a pic when I get home so I don’t get too much hate lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry I didn’t know the rules. I will post a pic when I get home so I don’t get too much hate lol
Ahh no hate here! Just friendly Bartering.

Check the grounds out. Dont just look at them to see if there tight, take them off ,clean them and there mating surface good. Easy to do and u can check it off your list

D

Dooley112

May 12, 2023
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ahh no hate here! Just friendly Bartering.

Check the grounds out. Dont just look at them to see if there tight, take them off ,clean them and there mating surface good. Easy to do and u can check it off your list
Thanks! I added a pic and I’ll clean all the grounds tomorrow. I know they have ones on back passenger side and more towards the front on the frame if I’m not mistaken.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks! I added a pic and I’ll clean all the grounds tomorrow. I know they have ones on back passenger side and more towards the front on the frame if I’m not mistaken.
Not sure where they are on a P7. Im sure If u use the search up top youll find them. We know a thing or two cuz weve seen a thing or two!

🤔 🤣 ;)

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Was thinking of that but it was strange to me that it only seams to do it when warmed up. I don’t mind throwing $70 at it to see if it fixes it.
Check the grounds first, mine were fine with no issues then the ignition switch.
My 19' would heat up then act a fool.
I changed the ignition switch and all got better.
I am sure dust from Michigan's sandy ass trails and water from everything else will cause this switch to fail in a year or two so I keep a spare in the glove box.
Cheap and easy insurance that now there is a spare will probably never fail again.
Good luck and please report back what you find as some do not.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Recently got a new to me 2019 700-4 with a little over 1k miles a few weeks ago. Test drove it and looked over everything and it looked great. Was owned by an old man with a tree farm so I felt comfortable buying it. Drives and shift great but after riding for about 20 minutes I will lose throttle all the dash will light up and it will die. It restarts fine and will be fine for a few more minutes and it will do it again. I drained the fuel and treated it with seafoam just to rule old fuel as a possibility out. Drove fine after but after a long ride it started doing it again. What else could be the issue be? All fluids are good and the temp on the bike doesn’t go past two bars. New to side by sides so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

View attachment 387133
Is it doing this...

D

Dooley112

May 12, 2023
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think I got it figured out after taking the grounds off and giving them a good cleaning. I put a new ignition switch on anyway just for some added warm and fuzzys. I did notice before I took the grounds off and gave them all a good cleaning that it would do the issue more after I would give it a good pressure wash after a day of riding. Took it out twice since the cleaning of the grounds and it was behaving itself. Thanks for the input and I’ll report back it it decides to act up again.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!