2020 pioneer 1000-5 Inner Fender part?

S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 5740

I’m guessing this is why you need fender guards. I’m looking for this part. Anyone know what it’s called or part number.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found the part. What kind of fender guards do you guys like. Better protect that, stick came through and scraped my daughter’s leg. Could have been bad.
Glad she's ok. SuperATV makes something. I've seen some people on here fabricate their own also.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 434372
I’m guessing this is why you need fender guards. I’m looking for this part. Anyone know what it’s called or part number.
I'm not sure the superatv guards would've stopped that or not. They don't really go up far enough. They are better than nothing. If you don't have an aftermarket skid, you can also get sticks coming through the floorboards too. You're better off fabricating something yourself out some type of thick plastic.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe the 2022 and up models inner liner could help here.

Honda added and extra layer of inner fender for the redesign, I dont believe there is any fitment issues for older models. Give me a few and I'll find the part number for the damaged part you have
Plastic or metal?

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The floorboard part # is 64100-HL4-A01ZA thats the whole floorboard as one piece, both sides are made together. You may find it difficult ordering online due to the size of the box it'll come in. If you were closer, my parts manager may cut a deal, if theres room.

The outer liners may not work due to the absence of the bolt to hold the bottom on

S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone changed this part it looks like it’s going to be fun? Any advice? Also if anyone has homemade fender guards I think I’m going to make some. I agree that the aftermarket ones may not have protected me. Suggestions on where and how to attach fender guards.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What kind of fender guards do you guys like
if anyone has homemade fender guards
Im gonna say it..lol
Have you tried the search yet? This has been covered over the years. Some home made and some not. For example, this one came up quick and is a good source for what your looking for Post #5 & 8
Good luck

Last edited:
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Has anyone changed this part it looks like it’s going to be fun? Any advice? Also if anyone has homemade fender guards I think I’m going to make some. I agree that the aftermarket ones may not have protected me. Suggestions on where and how to attach fender guards.
IMO - changing that floorboard is of course doable but looks like a major pita.......possibly cardboard, some aluminum sheet, patience and rivets would be your best friend and armor up from the inside.

my buddy got spiked in his rzr a few years back, lucky to have his manhood and spent a couple of weeks in the hospital as the stick ended up in his groin\lower abdomen - this is a friendly reminder to get off my ass and armor up my talon

good luck and keep us posted on what you decide.

S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I’ll do better on searching. That was helpful. Also I wish I would done this before I blew out my floorboard. Besides a skid plate what else should I be doing to protect my machine and family? I’m glad I hadn’t pulled the trigger on new shocks. I think I’ll buy a Superatv skid plate.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Thanks. I’ll do better on searching. That was helpful. Also I wish I would done this before I blew out my floorboard. Besides a skid plate what else should I be doing to protect my machine and family? I’m glad I hadn’t pulled the trigger on new shocks. I think I’ll buy a Superatv skid plate.
It's Sunday morning and have been watching this thread amongst others. Reading your previous post regarding looking to add skids to the machine you were looking to add fender well guards, like getting your cart before the horse? I'm amazed someone would have operated an unprotected machine with their daughter in an area where something could have come through the floor. Wow

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Dont forget to tag @Scamih or hit reply when responding.

Anything to protect your family?
Stay away from Fire Traps (Polaris’s)
Skid plate #1 those stick stoppers, eye protection like a good windshield

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe @Ohio4x4 has a inexpensive used one?

Thread 'P1k part out'
P1k part out

Power sports nation likely has used ones as well.
I do not. It was broken on the parts machine and the one on my blue pioneer is broken lol. Just form a piece of aluminum and rivet it to the plastic floor to keep the Crack closed. All the planning in the world can't make up for s*** just happening.

S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's Sunday morning and have been watching this thread amongst others. Reading your previous post regarding looking to add skids to the machine you were looking to add fender well guards, like getting your cart before the horse? I'm amazed someone would have operated an unprotected machine with their daughter in an area where something could have come through the floor. Wow

I accept that feedback. I’m not sure that it’s common knowledge that you need to protect the inner fender well. Skid plate yes, but I haven’t seen a lot on inner fender wells. I’ve learned a lot and I hope this will help somebody else before they have an incident. In my case a skid plate wouldn’t have helped.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I accept that feedback. I’m not sure that it’s common knowledge that you need to protect the inner fender well. Skid plate yes, but I haven’t seen a lot on inner fender wells. I’ve learned a lot and I hope this will help somebody else before they have an incident. In my case a skid plate wouldn’t have helped.
depends on which skid you had. This is the reason everything we purchase has warning stickers affixed. Not trying to be an asshole, but seriously

advertisement