P1000 2021 1000-5 Double Din In-Dash

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't, but there's room for a double din where I mounted my little Boss radio on the 1000-5 SE. Think the LE model has the same blank area (after removing the, "Don't Drive This Thing Or You're All Gonna Die!" warning placard). There's also the steel cross tube, at the rear of the hood opening, for a convenient support brace. Removing the placard also makes wire routing a lot easier.

20211221 215040

N

NDUB32

Mar 22, 2021
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't, but there's room for a double din where I mounted my little Boss radio on the 1000-5 SE. Think the LE model has the same blank area (after removing the, "Don't Drive This Thing Or You're All Gonna Die!" warning placard). There's also the steel cross tube, at the rear of the hood opening, for a convenient support brace. Removing the placard also makes wire routing a lot easier.

View attachment 317348
That looks good bumperm. After measuring about 27 times, I could not make a double din fit in the blank space where the warning placard is. The opening needs to be 4x7 with enough room for the mounting bracket. I am thinking it needs to be offset towards the cab to gain the extra space around the dash moldings. Just hoping someone else has gone down the road before with some do/don'ts.

Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 317348
Hey Bumperm,

I like the ambient temp display... when I saw yours (and paid attention enough to what it was) I jumped on line and ordered one for myself. The one I have comes with approx. a 2 foot cord for the sensor. I am curious as to where you have your temp senor routed. I merely want an internal cabin sensor, but don't necessarily want to look at the sensor harness.

Last edited:
Reactions: WagginTail

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!