P1000 2021 1000-5 fuel leak

G

GGray

Jan 24, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have owned it for about 2 months 170 miles on my 2021 1000-5 ride and after fill up , I smell gas after looking around a bit I see fuel dripping from under the tank it leaked out a tank full in about 48 hours . Keep in mind I have never been off of hard pack what so ever ! I took it back to the dealer , he says there is a hole in the bottom of the tank and the fuel pump is bent which rubbed a hole in the tank , his best guess is somebody has stood on are sat on the tank , I know for a fact I have never done either , maybe a fat ass at the factory did, He will try to get Honda to pay for the repair under warranty but says we can't prove who did this they may not approve of this repair . it looks like about 900.00 in repairs . Anyone else seen or heard of this happing ! He will try to get it back to me in time for the takeover I hope so been looking forward to this for 2 months , don't want to cancel my reservations for the campground.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been on this site since I bought my pioneer in ‘16 and haven’t seen anything like this. The fact that they could even come up with that explanation is amazing to me. Sounds like something that happened during the assembly process and somehow took 170 miles to rear it’s ugly head.
Hope they take care of you.

G

GGray

Jan 24, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been on this site since I bought my pioneer in ‘16 and haven’t seen anything like this. The fact that they could even come up with that explanation is amazing to me. Sounds like something that happened during the assembly process and somehow took 170 miles to rear it’s ugly head.
The
They said Honda has not gotten back yet but I went ahead and ordered the parts for 450.00 just trying not to miss you and the take over .

Reactions: ChadD and TripleB
H

HondaTech

Youd have to jump up and down on the fuel tank before youd flex it enough to push the pump down and poke a hole in the tank.

Not only that but the pump would fold before it damaged the tank. Your dealer should've fought more for you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!