P1000 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 SE; Help needed with Mystery Part

R

RCarraway

Oct 19, 2021
Lake City South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am in the process of installing the DEI Heat Shield on my 1 week old 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 SE. I was following the written and video instructions popping out the plastic rivets holding the rubber heat shield when I heard a metallic clanking sound. It's right behind the seatbelt area on the drivers side. When I pulled back the rubber matt, the below metal part/bracket was just sitting there. I have looked through dozens of videos and have not been able to identify what this part is, or how it was, and should be attached. Maybe this is something added to newer models? Any insights appreciated.

mikeholley

mikeholley

Supporting Member
Nov 15, 2020
Sonoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am in the process of installing the DEI Heat Shield on my 1 week old 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 SE. I was following the written and video instructions popping out the plastic rivets holding the rubber heat shield when I heard a metallic clanking sound. It's right behind the seatbelt area on the drivers side. When I pulled back the rubber matt, the below metal part/bracket was just sitting there. I have looked through dozens of videos and have not been able to identify what this part is, or how it was, and should be attached. Maybe this is something added to newer models? Any insights appreciated.

View attachment 303011

View attachment 303012
Congrats on the new ride. I will look on mine and let you know where it is attached if I find it. As I mentioned in another post I would suggest checking every bolt possible and add loctite as i found many loose screws and bolts. Otherwise a great machine.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
It's supposed to hold the rubber heat shield away from the valve cover. It does mount with push pins the same as what the rubber heat shield does. One of the steel brackets are behind the seat is where it mounts. I don't have any pics otherwise I'would post one for you. Maybe someone on here has a pic or two.

R

RCarraway

Oct 19, 2021
Lake City South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on the new ride. I will look on mine and let you know where it is attached if I find it. As I mentioned in another post I would suggest checking every bolt possible and add loctite as i found many loose screws and bolts. Otherwise a great machine.
I looked on PartsZilla and it has something that looks like it listed at #17 "Plate, Rubber Support". Best I can tell it was just being held up by the plastic rivets. Although some other bolt/washer fell down onto my skid plate when this came loose. Looks like I'll have to take the skid plate off to find that piece.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada

should help if I did this right

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I looked on PartsZilla and it has something that looks like it listed at #17 "Plate, Rubber Support" that looks like it. Best I can tell it was just being held up by the plastic rivets. Although some other bolt/washer fell down onto my skid plate when this came loose. Looks like I'll have to take the skid plat off to find that piece. I don't believe it is a critical part, maybe just keeps the rubber from rubbing on the breather box hose.

View attachment 303031
Once u get that part taken care of, make sure u install a bilge fan under the seat to actually help with the heat. That rubber mat is about as useful as sleepy Joe and thsts not sayin much.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Once u get that part taken care of, make sure u install a bilge fan under the seat to actually help with the heat. That rubber mat is about as useful as sleepy Joe and thsts not sayin much.
True!

Reactions: Remington
R

RCarraway

Oct 19, 2021
Lake City South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

should help if I did this right
That's great! That post will put me back on track. Thanks so much!

R

riverjetter

May 10, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious why you are installing the heat shield on a 2021 machine. Honda was supposed to have fixed this issue on the newer models. Mine machine is a 2021 PK1-5 deluxe so just curious if I should be thinking of doing it myself.

Reactions: Lady01
R

RCarraway

Oct 19, 2021
Lake City South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious why you are installing the heat shield on a 2021 machine. Honda was supposed to have fixed this issue on the newer models. Mine machine is a 2021 PK1-5 deluxe so just curious if I should be thinking of doing it myself.
They have the rubber matt, but it didn't take but a couple of short rides to realize how much heat was emanating from underneath the seat. I've installed the foil deflector insulated heat shield and that seems to have made a big difference.

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!