2021 Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe issue

Q

Quack07

Sep 18, 2022
Lake City, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased a used machine with 800 miles. Everything originally checked out and the first couple days of riding seemed normal compared to my friends pioneers I have rode in the past.

Today after riding the machine a few miles on level ground, just an afternoon stroll, fastest it was ran on this ride was 50 mph, a loud whine started when in High gear. Only when accelerating. Does not make the noise in Low or Reverse. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
Q

Quack07

Sep 18, 2022
Lake City, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgot to mention. It still has the same amount of power when in high gear. It doesn’t drive any different, just a high pitched noise when in high gear. Again, the noise isn’t there when accelerating in Low or Reverse.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Forgot to mention. It still has the same amount of power when in high gear. It doesn’t drive any different, just a high pitched noise when in high gear. Again, the noise isn’t there when accelerating in Low or Reverse.
Check all fluid levels, especially the sub transmission, dip stick under the front seat on passenger side.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Check all fluid levels, especially the sub transmission, dip stick under the front seat on passenger side.
I bet the previous owner drained the sub transmission oil thinking it was the engine oil drain plug, two separate areas. When you drain the engine oil you have two 12 mm drain plugs, DON'T get a 17 mm socket out, that's the sub transmission. All you need to change the engine oil is a 10 & 12 mm socket and of course oil and filters. I hope this is your simple fix. Let us know.

Q

Quack07

Sep 18, 2022
Lake City, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bet the previous owner drained the sub transmission oil thinking it was the engine oil drain plug, two separate areas. When you drain the engine oil you have two 12 mm drain plugs, DON'T get a 17 mm socket out, that's the sub transmission. All you need to change the engine oil is a 10 & 12 mm socket and of course oil and filters. I hope this is your simple fix. Let us know.
Thanks for the insight!

I sure hope it’s a simple fix because I have really enjoyed the machine this far. I will check it out tomorrow and report back.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the insight!

I sure hope it’s a simple fix because I have really enjoyed the machine this far. I will check it out tomorrow and report back.
Thanks. The engine oil may be over full if he did what I think he did. Be a good time to start all over with an oil change.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I purchased a used machine with 800 miles.
Need more info , Is it all stock, bigger wheels mods etc. some of these things can drop your top speed as well as the things mentioned above. Thats just another reason we like pics of the machine
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Its not just a catch phrase ;)

Welcome from Michigan BTW.

Q

Quack07

Sep 18, 2022
Lake City, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need more info , Is it all stock, bigger wheels mods etc. some of these things can drop your top speed as well as the things mentioned above. Thats just another reason we like pics of the machine
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Its not just a catch phrase ;)

Welcome from Michigan BTW.
Completely stock machine. Only thing added was a Roof, windshield, and sound bar.

advertisement
Q

Quack07

Sep 18, 2022
Lake City, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Sub trans oil level was dry. Nothing on dipstick. I put the recommended amount of honda 10w-30 oil in it. No more noise. Also checked engine

Oil change kit is on the way so I can go ahead and start fresh.

Thanks for the help!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Sub trans oil level was dry. Nothing on dipstick. I put the recommended amount of honda 10w-30 oil in it. No more noise. Also checked engine

Oil change kit is on the way so I can go ahead and start fresh.

Thanks for the help!
Yea! For our side!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!