P1000 2022 Revamped HONDA Heater

D

Driesel15

Jan 6, 2022
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in Wisco and have been mulling over a heater addition to my rig... as Fall is about to arrive it got me back to the drawing board. In doing so I saw Honda revamped the heater setup for the 2022 giving much more control and looks to be a cleaner install (albeit labor intensive) by keeping the majority of the components in the front end of the unit.

I haven't put my eyes on the 2022 rigs yet but why is the new heater only spec'd for '22 rigs? I assume they engineered the plastics or moved something to accommodate? At frist glance i didn't see any major changes to '22 cab setup.

My rig is a '21 P1K5 LE

The new heater setup is part #0SE08-HL-A00 $999

Thanks for the look.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in Wisco and have been mulling over a heater addition to my rig... as Fall is about to arrive it got me back to the drawing board. In doing so I saw Honda revamped the heater setup for the 2022 giving much more control and looks to be a cleaner install (albeit labor intensive) by keeping the majority of the components in the front end of the unit.

I haven't put my eyes on the 2022 rigs yet but why is the new heater only spec'd for '22 rigs? I assume they engineered the plastics or moved something to accommodate? At frist glance i didn't see any major changes to '22 cab setup.

My rig is a '21 P1K5 LE

Thanks for the look.
Likely because the front end is different I would have to guess.

Still crazy cost for a heater IMO. I haven’t looked in awhile but I would still guess a ice crusher is 1/3 the cost for the under seat model.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks like a much better design with heat controls. A little hard on the wallet, but much a better looking set up and mounting location. The defrost is king. I have it on mine and made certain that I got one with defrost because you'll need it more than anything in rainy winter weather.

J

Justonly

Feb 16, 2021
Mound, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look at the ice crusher heater. It is installed behind the dash and gives you options for defrost. also has
idle heat option. maybe a little more work but works the best.

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look at the ice crusher heater. It is installed behind the dash and gives you options for defrost. also has
idle heat option. maybe a little more work but works the best.
I have the ice crusher and I/m looking for a heater with more fan and heat,i really hate the ice crusher.fyi

Reactions: Lady01
S

scott633

Dec 2, 2022
Spring Valley Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

My rig is a '21 P1K5 LE

Thanks for the look.
Hey,
I live in Wisconsin also and have a 2021Pioneer 1000-5 LE
I bought the factory (Honda) under the seat heater and then
saw the nice heater upgrade for 2022. I'm returning the heater l bought
and have like you been trying to get an answer if I could modify the 2022 heater to work.
No luck...so I found the Ice crusher model ICCH-UH-C-HONP1000D which is a under the hood mounted heater
and then best option available. They also have a defrost vent kit available that I will install that is used on the pioneer 700
heater kit.
Give them a call 888 964 0135 a Minnesota company
They sent me a PDF on the install and I'm waiting on the cost of the vent kit.
This heater is about 50% percent cheaper than the 2022 Honda heater.
I hope this helps!

My rig is a '21 P1K5 LE

Thanks for the look.

Reactions: Hawk53 and Lady01
B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What model Ice Crusher do you have?
under the dash or under the hood?
under dash,actually behind dash so you could call it under hood,it just doesnt seem to ever get very warm when you are driving. I have to figure a better way for coolant lines I think,I have it per instructions and think there is a better way,-20 yesterday here and i took it to my deer blind.really cold!!

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
heres my rig, when driving in snow too much snow comes in the free heater on floor so I need a real good fan on heater.if I.m parked and the rig is idling I get pretty good heat, but as soon as I drive it cools down,I think that is because of where you hook the coolant lines from, under seat heater would be better I think.I.m still looking but I have to find a remedy,If I do I'll let you all know, I dont want to hijack the thread but I am open to any suggestions, thanks and sorry for hijacking.

Pioneer

Reactions: Smitty335
J

Justonly

Feb 16, 2021
Mound, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, I have the ice crusher heater installed in my 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 LE with the water pump that they sell that gives you heat when it is idling. The two cup holders were removed to give me more defrost, Works very well at low speeds. BUT Honda did not build a side by side to work in cold weather and have heat. The fire wall has all kinds of holes that needs to be plugged to keep the air out so when you take off all your heat does not leave. My unit has glass windshield, Hard top, the soft factory doors front and back, Mid and back fabric panels run mid when just the two of us, I have sealed the doors with weather stripping and put rubber in spots that i could see the ground on the fire wall. I still have cold air coming in from the shifters by the steering wheel and every other place. Good thing getting better but work in progress. Hope this helped. PS I use the free heat on the cool days. Simple open or close.

Free heat Free heat open

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got the inferno max with defrost on the dash that puts out 18000 btu. The defrost works great on the windshield but is much cooler by time the hot air runs all the way under and back up to the dash. I locate heavy duty insulated ducting that I know would help before I installed the unit but decided I'd give it a try the way they sent it. The ducting I located was very $$$$. We had a winded chill of -30 the other day and I was ok at slow speed and idling. Going down the road at 35 mph I lost all my heat from all the gaps in the cab and I thought I had it sealed pretty good. When it's that cold and your in a plastic shell with leaks I think you could set on the engine and still be cold. If the cabs had no air leaks I believe the heater would keep up no problem. Just like and old leaky house when you can feel the cold air coming around the windows, electrical outlets, etc. it will take more heat output until you stop the leakage.

J

Justonly

Feb 16, 2021
Mound, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats why i didn't buy that. Did not make sense to me to much heat loss. You are right they are like a old house. Good luck with
the insulation that may be the best way to go. Big heat and insulated ducts.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
agree, summit racing has the heater cores as well, duct kits, etc. - usually can get everything for under $250 these days with the y fittings, ducting, defrost vents, etc. - just takes some figuring once in hand on where to mount, route, make a bracket, etc. - fun day in the garage, steal mounting locations and ideas shamelessly from the high dollar kits

the heater with 3 outlets is what I used friends machines, 2 outlets for cab heat, 1 outlet to a T to the defrost vents, if its super cold may need to block off radiator, should see at least 120F out of the duct when the machine is warmed up

R

ROGER O

Jun 8, 2021
TRENTON IL.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took a Big Buddy LP heater that has a battery operated fan in it and made a heat shield for in front
of it. I set it on the floor between the floor board and it works great. Unfortunately there is enough
fresh air coming in the cab around the shifters and the instrument gauges and the steering column
that I don't get sick from the LP smell. You would think with what we pay for these things, They could
come up with a way to prevent all of the air coming in.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!