P1000 21' Pioneer 1000 heater install/ water pump capability

W

Wilson6b

May 12, 2021
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I have a 21' 1000-5 and working on installing a heater system in cab. I bought the Jegs universal heater kit. (link below if needed) and have decided its a little bigger than i expected, so i am considering mounting it to the roof vs on the floor.

Does anyone have experience mounting a heater unit to roof and if so was there issues with pumpability or cooling issues?
I was going to just connect to the 1/2 hose off the water pump but if i go to roof i may need to use the radiator hose to get more volume, Thoughts?

Thanks for input, Tried searching on forum and Facebook pages with no luck. (which might answer my questions by just that, LOL)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for input, Tried searching on forum and FaceTurd pages with no luck. (which might answer my questions by just that, LOL)
Fixed it for ya ;)
Welcome from The once great state of Michigan
And congrats on your first post. We like pics of your rig when u first post or Pics Or It Didn't Happen! So post em up!

So you don't need that heater that big. That's why your not finding anything. I'm assuming u didn't use our search before purchasing? You would have seen that some have used including myself the 2 vent version and it fits under the drivers seat. Mounting that underthe roof will make it look like a cyborg from Alian by the time you get it hooked up

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Send it back and get the 28000 Btu model. Check the size. I think it will fit under the seat with more than enough heat. Also you have to use radiator hose, I think its 5/8". If your not sure about doing the install you can get instructions online, like from inferno heaters. This will show you where you need to tie into the heater hose on the Honda. This is very important. Plus you need to know how to remove the air from the system after install or you'll over heat your engine in no time all. Important stuff, it's not just plug and play with heaters. Close to it but you can have problems if you don't do it correct.
The make roof heaters for Kaw. Mules. They look nice but they fit on the roof not below the roof. Think about a hose busting and spraying you hot anti-freeze, not good. Plus you'd bump your unless your only 4' tall.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Why do i always have to find these things for people 🤣

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
cause not only the town SHERIFF but also in charge of SEARCH and rescue
Here i come to save the day!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!