Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No I do NOT have that expensive under seat bin. It most deffenatly would NOT fit in there with it. So just forget about that bin. It’s a no go with a heater;)
Ok, just thought I’d ask cause a guy has one in the sale section cheap...relatively lmao.

Btw, want to tell me how you really feel about that bin Remi.....:D

Reactions: Remington
O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hmmmm, that’s vulnerable. You need to do something about that no????

I left the pre filter element in the hole but i do agree, i should probably finish it off and get that cover back in there. my machine doesn’t have the craziest mud dirt rock life planned for it so i sorta feel it will be fine as is.

Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an Ice Crusher heater ordered for 1000-5 that should arrive any day.

I called to find out the install location and they said it mounts under the under hood electrical tray and above the front differential. It has a air intake hose that pulls air from the cab rather than air from mounting location. It has optional defrost vents that replace the cup holders. It also has a temperature control valve (regulates coolant flow) in addition to fan speed control so that you can keep fan speed higher and reduce air temperature. I also purchased the maxstat that diverts the majority of coolant through the heater core until coolant reaches temperature. The did say that Pioneer 1000 heaters and deep water/mud don't mix because the available mounting locations are low.

If I am going to be a wuss and install a heater it is going to work good so that I can listen to the critics from inside my warm cab.

I will take pictures as I install it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have an Ice Crusher heater ordered for 1000-5 that should arrive any day.

I called to find out the install location and they said it mounts under the under hood electrical tray and above the front differential. It has a air intake hose that pulls air from the cab rather than air from mounting location. It has optional defrost vents that replace the cup holders. It also has a temperature control valve (regulates coolant flow) in addition to fan speed control so that you can keep fan speed higher and reduce air temperature. I also purchased the maxstat that diverts the majority of coolant through the heater core until coolant reaches temperature. The did say that Pioneer 1000 heaters and deep water/mud don't mix because the available mounting locations are low.

If I am going to be a wuss and install a heater it is going to work good so that I can listen to the critics from inside my warm cab.

I will take pictures as I install it.
Do u have links to what you purchased? May we ask how much did u pay? And do you have accessories like a second battery and other controls and under your hood? FYI, if you go through muddy water or just water, you’ll get it under your hood;)

Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do u have links to what you purchased? May we ask how much did u pay? And do you have accessories like a second battery and other controls and under your hood? FYI, if you go through muddy water or just water, you’ll get it under your hood;)

I will know more once it arrives and I will post specifics. My understanding is that it is installed under the panel that holds the batteries and electrical.

I couldn't find any pics or video on this heater in a P1000. The manufacturer does not provide instructions outside of purchase. I am planning to add a 2nd battery at the same time as the heater so hopefully there isnt a conflict!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am planning to add a 2nd battery at the same time as the heater so hopefully there isnt a conflict!

If it fits up underneath that pillar in the Dash you probably can’t get your switches, accessories and radio in. You could probably do it if you’re planning on Not having a switch panel for accessories and a radio in that panel. Your second battery kind of sets up a little bit end it may be a conflict with that heater being there. That’s why I assumed when they said underneath the hood they did it on a bare-bones stock unit. Believe me if it works I’d love it. But I just don’t see it

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok folks, I bought the summit heater today and some ductwork for 2 vents for the time being. Being an HVAC guy..I’m looking at velocity and duct load in my terms If you will. With these small heaters and just non insulated flex duct with the small amount and time it takes to get the coolant warm, too long a run will get you a lot of heat loss. So the shortest and least amount of duct and run the better. So time will tell as soon as I receive and get around to installing the heater. In this case I could be completely wrong in this case , but I’m going of off my 20+ years in HVAC and solving heat loss issues.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ok folks, I bought the summit heater today and some ductwork for 2 vents for the time being. Being an HVAC guy..I’m looking at velocity and duct load in my terms If you will. With these small heaters and just non insulated flex duct with the small amount and time it takes to get the coolant warm, too long a run will get you a lot of heat loss. So the shortest and least amount of duct and run the better. So time will tell as soon as I receive and get around to installing the heater. In this case I could be completely wrong in this case , but I’m going of off my 20+ years in HVAC and solving heat loss issues.
Can I bring the Pioneer that I keep in New Mexico up there for that mod when you get yours done and perfected. :D

Reactions: BWAF and Remington
advertisement
O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
short runs are perfect idea! The air out of my duct that is in driver side is noticeably ‘less hot’ then that out of the passenger side. It is much longer on d side given all the ups and downs to get over there. my $.02

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
short runs are perfect idea! The air out of my duct that is in driver side is noticeably ‘less hot’ then that out of the passenger side. It is much longer on d side given all the ups and downs to get over there. my $.02
Not to sound like an engineer because I’m not I’m just a technician LOL. My theory goes if you have forced air in your home look at the Trunkline and how it’s necked down towards the end that’s for static pressure. If it was the same all the way through out you lose load and air flow combined heat loss. Another way to look at it is on some ductwork that is put in there’s a lot of elbows every elbow on a 6 inch run is worth 6 feet of straight duck the more bends the more loss of airflow combined heat loss. That being said some bends and n duct you can’t avoid but u want little as possible. Just a theory I deal with every day to give people comfort And I’m going to try to apply it here and see what happens.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That’s good information OR!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not to sound like an engineer because I’m not I’m just a technician LOL.
Just a lowly technician huh? You’re making sense too now Remi.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just a lowly technician huh? You’re making sense too now Remi.
Hahaha you know it! We as techs try to use the kiss rule...keep it simple stupid! Lol. Let’s just say it get applied most of the time haha

Reactions: Biteme and OleRed
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hahaha you know it! We as techs try to use the kiss rule...keep it simple stupid! Lol. Let’s just say it get applied most of the time haha
You can see what you’re talking about all the time now in restaurants since everybody has decided that it looks good not to have a ceiling and leave the plumbing, electrical and HVAC exposed. Straight runs, telescoping down with periodic vents and one bend to a vent at the end.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is the summit 9” with 2-3” duct heater. I had some of this silence/heat insulator wrap left over and decided to wrap the housing that contains the heater core. Will this help you ask? I think so but either way it will not hurt.
D08FF40A 3A6B 4EDB 9350 0A5EEF7C68EB
3CFA353B A052 4433 89F9 787809B88672
8BF28F0D 2886 4484 BC6A 90FAD964DF12

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Next came my duct and control location. This is a short run remember for less heat loss and less air flow loss. For those of you in Reo Lynda that’s “more heat”. The control that came with the unit is a simple off, low ,medium,high swith witch comes with the unit. I conveniently installed it in the middle, easy to reach and pretty much out of the way and more importantly not taking any more room on my dash up. Those of you with accessories switches know what I’m talking about ;). The vents are a simple 3” vents that swivel like most pickup trucks have. The kit that I bought from summit as well. You can use the kit but I found that that was a waist of good cabbage and I’ll show you that later. Just buy the vents ok!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!