Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Next came my duct and control location. This is a short run remember for less heat loss and less air flow loss. For those of you in Reo Lynda that’s “more heat”. The control that came with the unit is a simple off, low ,medium,high swith witch comes with the unit. I conveniently installed it in the middle, easy to reach and pretty much out of the way and more importantly not taking any more room on my dash up. Those of you with accessories switches know what I’m talking about ;). The vents are a simple 3” vents that swivel like most pickup trucks have. The kit that I bought from summit as well. You can use the kit but I found that that was a waist of good cabbage and I’ll show you that later. Just buy the vents ok!View attachment 97761
I’m loving this!!!!!:cool:

Reactions: BWAF and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I installed the heater on a 45 Degree angle under the seat. Most have them either perpendicular or vertical like the Honda heater. Again, I’m trying the least amount of bend in my duct for optimum air flow. You can see the 2-3” holes cut for the duct for later. I hooked it to power with a 15amp fuse for protection. I bought some 5/8 hose , clamps and a few fittings today. Unfortunately my 2 local parts stores did not have and as usual were know help getting fittings. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough, there fumbling was a waist of my time and we’re starting to bore the hell out of me. So I will go to Menards tomorrow to hopefully get what I need for completion.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Might note: I put the heater in an angle also thinking about ease of repair and more return air movement for the motor witch is vital to all blowers to keep your amps down to stop overheating and early replacement ;)

Reactions: Biteme and BWAF
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Reactions: Biteme and BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m going to use some 1/2” ball valves I have on my service truck. Manual, always work quick and easy. That would be great for someone that wants to use a switch. Cool little contraption.

Its a variable valve , functionality like the ball valve. Works like the Cool to Warm in a car had mine where I could reach from drivers seat.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’m going to use some 1/2” ball valves I have on my service truck. Manual, always work quick and easy. That would be great for someone that wants to use a switch. Cool little contraption.
Take lots of pictures Remi. :cool:

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What is your impression of the directions that come with the heater? Also, will you be posting a complete list of all parts and accessories you have/will purchase to make installation complete?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What is your impression of the directions that come with the heater? Also, will you be posting a complete list of all parts and accessories you have/will purchase to make installation complete?
Monte, you sounded like the press at a press conference with that question lol JK.no, that’s ok.
They suck actually lol. There is some explication on some things that is crucial like directional of the hoses for the heater core. Now the 9” unit at witch I have, it dosnt matter so that was quick. The switch has a diagram on how to wire it (needed) but the rest is useful but not helpful in application. The second part to your question is yes, I plan on a parts list and will do my best with it. :)

Reactions: BWAF
O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next came my duct and control location. This is a short run remember for less heat loss and less air flow loss. For those of you in Reo Lynda that’s “more heat”. The control that came with the unit is a simple off, low ,medium,high swith witch comes with the unit. I conveniently installed it in the middle, easy to reach and pretty much out of the way and more importantly not taking any more room on my dash up. Those of you with accessories switches know what I’m talking about ;). The vents are a simple 3” vents that swivel like most pickup trucks have. The kit that I bought from summit as well. You can use the kit but I found that that was a waist of good cabbage and I’ll show you that later. Just buy the vents ok!View attachment 97761

You will like the short runs and heat will rise. O riley or napa had a lot. autozone was worthless on the fittings. Gates has 5/8” molded hose to help with routing to your coolant . I am in town today and can stop by the hardware store if you want a part number to order off the www

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You will like the short runs and heat will rise. O riley or napa had a lot. autozone was worthless on the fittings. Gates has 5/8” molded hose to help with routing to your coolant . I am in town today and can stop by the hardware store if you want a part number to order off the www
Thank you that would be helpful. My small town has a car quest and a Napa, neither one had hose bins or large fittings. Just some vent hose stuff. They all looked at me like “were never asked that” lol. Napa’s always had stuff like that when I was at ROUSH. Anyway, I’m headed out sometime this morning to Menards for some things, maybe one of the other stores in the city may have them if you have those numbers.

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Menards didn’t have much for 5/8” fitting. I think I have just the hose you will want since it looks tight squeeze behind your heater. Do you want T fittings to have a bypass route for summer use or just 1/2” to 5/8” to step up from stock oil cooler lines

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Menards didn’t have much for 5/8” fitting. I think I have just the hose you will want since it looks tight squeeze behind your heater. Do you want T fittings to have a bypass route for summer use or just 1/2” to 5/8” to step up from stock oil cooler lines
The T’s. I’m going to bypass it for the summer. I’m thinking of some 1/2” ball valves to isolate it. Did I splice at the 2 coolant lines in the engine compartment under the seat?

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I originally had the bypass route but my awesome amazon valves leaked so i cut the bypass route out and just created a loop... essentially just extending the line coming from oil cooler to heater then heater to water pump. leaving stock hose at each location and using 1/2” to5/8 adapters (part numbers coming soon)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!