Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Has anyone used one of these from UPI? If so, we’re did u mount it and how good or bad did it work?
81CD0EAC 201E 4F2B 96CF B748614C4185

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well, I’m assuming knowbody has. Sooooo after doing some digging I’ve found some that have mentioned UPI heaters but not by specific models. It sounds like for what they do and price you can do better. I’ve found this one from summit but have yet to find anyone that has at least (shown pics) of an install on a P1 so I can see before I pull the trigger. I Might just have to be the first to do this! Hummm?? If I do, I will post pics. But any insight with hose barb fitting size adapters ahead of time would be appreciated. 5/8 is the summit heater inlet and outlet, looks like the honda radiator hose is 1” possibly?
Summit Racing® Automotive Heaters SUM-991102-1

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
did you get this sorted out? I installed the summit heater under hood and have part numbers for gates 1/2” to 5/8” inline adapters , gates molded hose to help with routing and a link to some amazon valves that will leak right after you put them in.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
did you get this sorted out? I installed the summit heater under hood and have part numbers for gates 1/2” to 5/8” inline adapters , gates molded hose to help with routing and a link to some amazon valves that will leak right after you put them in.
I’d like to see pics of the install. I can’t imagine there being room under the hood on a 1000???

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’d like to see pics of the install. I can’t imagine there being room under the hood on a 1000???
I agree Monte. I have too much stuff with a stereo amp, ground buss and a second battery to put it. I was going to put it under ther seat. Sorry I missed your post till today. I’m not getting the one at the top of the page. Either the summit of the Jeggs that has the venting kit with it. Looks close if not the same as the summit. Just ben bussy with work. Would like the gates numbers if u have them please. Do u have pics of your install? We’re kinda visual around here:)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I agree Monte. I have too much stuff with a stereo amp, ground buss and a second battery to put it. I was going to put it under ther seat. Sorry I missed your post till today. I’m not getting the one at the top of the page. Either the summit of the Jeggs that has the venting kit with it. Looks close if not the same as the summit. Just ben bussy with work. Would like the gates numbers if u have them please. Do u have pics of your install? We’re kinda visual around here:)
No worries about mud and water under the seat??

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No worries about mud and water under the seat??
No. The Honda heater gets installed under the drivers seat. That’s where I was going to put it. It stays fairly dry in there. There’s no ALWAYS dry area in the machine unfortunately. If you have Skid plates like I do that helps aid in keeping it dry. Another thing to may consider when installing it there is to line the opening with some of that rubber roof membrane it a few small openings to help it breathe If you wish.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No. The Honda heater gets installed under the drivers seat. That’s where I was going to put it. It stays fairly dry in there. There’s no ALWAYS dry area in the machine unfortunately. If you have Skid plates like I do that helps aid in keeping it dry. Another thing to may consider when installing it there is to line the opening with some of that rubber roof membrane it a few small openings to help it breathe If you wish.
In that location are you able to tap the systems cooling system lines right there under the seat, or do you have to run things forward under the hood. I have to say I’ve not looked under the seat of my 18 model 1000-5D (the one I keep in the Rockies and want a heater in) but under the seat of my 16 model 1000-3, it’s completely open, mud and water would be all in it. I can see how skids would provide some protection. Do you order an after market under seat storage bin or something to put it in? I’d like to see a pic of the one you’re using with something familiar next to it for size comparison...:)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
In that location are you able to tap the systems cooling system lines right there under the seat, or do you have to run things forward under the hood. I have to say I’ve not looked under the seat of my 18 model 1000-5D (the one I keep in the Rockies and want a heater in) but under the seat of my 16 model 1000-3, it’s completely open, mud and water would be all in it. I can see how skids would provide some protection. Do you order an after market under seat storage bin or something to put it in? I’d like to see a pic of the one you’re using with something familiar next to it for size comparison...:)
I think all the p1’s under the seat is the same. I don’t have that ridiculously expensive storage bin. I haven’t Installed the heater yet but from the looks of the Honda heater a friend has, you can splice into the hoses to the right (pssanger side) of that area easily. Like I said before, there’s not really anywhere your going to find that’s completely dry to put it. I just know that’s where a friend has his with no problems and I’m limited with all the stuff I have. That’s the only open spot I have and most logical for me at this point. I’ll find out more when I get the heater.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think all the p1’s under the seat is the same. I don’t have that ridiculously expensive storage bin. I haven’t Installed the heater yet but from the looks of the Honda heater a friend has, you can splice into the hoses to the right (pssanger side) of that area easily. Like I said before, there’s not really anywhere your going to find that’s completely dry to put it. I just know that’s where a friend has his with no problems and I’m limited with all the stuff I have. That’s the only open spot I have and most logical for me at this point. I’ll find out more when I get the heater.
Very well, I’ll stay tuned and appreciate you being the maverick on this so I can learn from your experiences. Have you seen that ridiculously expensive under seat bin? Do you think that the heater would even fit in it?

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A little cut and paste and some tin bending for a bracket and it fit. I am a fit form and function kinda guy but if you wanted to you could tidy it up more then that

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
A little cut and paste and some tin bending for a bracket and it fit. I am a fit form and function kinda guy but if you wanted to you could tidy it up more then that
Cool. Most of us already have dual batteries in that spot, does your intake cover still fit on ok?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks great. But definitely would not fit with a duel battery and other mods under the hood. If you don’t wish to have those things under your hood your good to go.

Reactions: Lady01 and Biteme
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Very well, I’ll stay tuned and appreciate you being the maverick on this so I can learn from your experiences. Have you seen that ridiculously expensive under seat bin? Do you think that the heater would even fit in it?
No I do NOT have that expensive under seat bin. It most deffenatly would NOT fit in there with it. So just forget about that bin. It’s a no go with a heater;)

Reactions: Lady01 and Biteme
O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool. Most of us already have dual batteries in that spot, does your intake cover still fit on ok?

I carry an hd jumper pack everywhere i go so i didn’t feel the need for dual batteries. if i were more into the gadgets i would have used the under hood area for that and heater would have been floor mounted in front of middle seat. I wanted that area open for fishing gear.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No— there were some sacrifices. suppose i could reshape it and get it to go. it is close
Hmmmm, that’s vulnerable. You need to do something about that no????

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I carry an hd jumper pack everywhere i go so i didn’t feel the need for dual batteries. if i were more into the gadgets i would have used the under hood area for that and heater would have been floor mounted in front of middle seat. I wanted that area open for fishing gear.
Oh you could still have a dual battery if you ever do feel the need, several have put one under their seats.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!