26" Big Horn 2.0 on factory OEM wheels

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Depressurized to around 8lb. (need a better low pressure gauge) Rechecked for the rubbing and didn't find any. Seems to be at least a "finger" width between tire and frame corner. We put about 20 miles on the new tires this weekend which included dirt roads, fields, mud, and creek walking. Handling and driving seemed much improved. Creek walking, we didn't bottom out, and seemed to go much easier through the mud. Very happy with them, so far. :)

PS: The extra height did come with a very slight drawback. I have to make sure the P500 is to the far left or right when parking in the garage. otherwise, the door lift arm can contact the hardtop. Just something to watch for.

Last edited:
hop

hop

May 20, 2015
what's the widest you can go in a 26" bighorn with stock rims? is 12 too much in the rear?

Edit: I'm super new to sxs.. do the front tires have to be smaller? would 12 inch width fronts rub or something?

Last edited:
Reactions: crewcabrob
D

dgarber

Nov 28, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok, so I got my wheels and tires today. I just got new wheels and bighorn tires 26x12x12 rear and 26x9x12 front. The front tires are about 1/2" from the frame at full turn. I am not sure if they are going to hit the frame on bumps. This is a little worrisome. I hope it is safe. I had heard others using 27" tires without hitting but the sizes must vary and the wheel offset might have been different. But before and after sure is a big difference!

Where did you get your wheels? I can only find them in Matte Black.
Thanks.
Doug

Reactions: crewcabrob
A

ayhanmecit

Jul 26, 2020
west hills, ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
M

MichiganAdam1

Sep 10, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Just upgraded tires from OEM to 26x9x12 and 26x11x12 Maxxis Big Horn 2.0 on the factory wheels. Big difference in looks from stock. Also greatly increased the ability to roll over stuff. I don't notice any difference in power and the difference in gearing is subtle but noticeable.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 2744 View attachment 2745 View attachment 2746 View attachment 2747 View attachment 2748
Really like the look to this!! Does this make the 500 any wider than the stock 50” ? If so do you know how much wider?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!