P1000 28" Roctane XD w/STI HD5 red beadlocks

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ordered ONE 28" Roctane (as a spare, IF it didn't fit right) to check out fitment on my rig... this tire is significantly larger than the stock 27" as You can see. I don't want a lift kit... but wanted something larger than stock ... This looks like it's going to work well.. and i'm ordering the other 3 tires/wheels...

Like the look of the Red Beadlock on this... and as I do have a Trail Armor 1/2" skidplate installed... the one thing I had to do.. was trim it up... which was a lot easier than I suspected it would be (used a cut-off grinder wheel.. and in about 30 seconds had it handled....

Just wanted to post for others who may be considering...

I did go with 14" rims.. as this tire isn't available in 12" rims in 28"x10".. (i'm going same all the way around)..

And, oh year.. because I have the added weight of the Tough Country bumper, and Viper 5000# winch.. i had put the 2" spacers on top of the springs earlier..

IMG 5912 IMG 5913

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here is a picture of the tire/wheel mounted (other 3 wheels not here yet) - and a before/after of trimming the Trail Armor skidplate..

IMG 5918 IMG 5920 IMG 5922

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is a great looking combination. I've seen the Roctanes in action. They kick butt

Reactions: Honda1000-5
perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I bought STI HD5 put on GBC Mongrel Street legal 28x10x14 Rim part # 14hb5279 Looks great.

Reactions: pct
D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
curious what are others running for tire pressure on these? i figure to start at 10#.... even at that - i can tell they ride stiffer than the OEM's.. - (Blackstone's 6ply - 12" rims... at 13# pressure) - but these are much tougher carcass and 14' rims... What's the lowest (safe) tire pressure you can run these at?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
curious what are others running for tire pressure on these? i figure to start at 10#.... even at that - i can tell they ride stiffer than the OEM's.. - (Blackstone's 6ply - 12" rims... at 13# pressure) - but these are much tougher carcass and 14' rims... What's the lowest (safe) tire pressure you can run these at?

I have the exact same tire except mine is a 30 inch version. I will use seven psi when riding alone and 10 psi at the most if I have multiple passengers or heavy cargo.

If you were going to run 7 to 8 psi, don't travel too fast over large rocks as you may damage a wheel or pinch the sidewall. I run bead lock wheels so I can use the lower pressure without worry. Are your wheels bead locks?

Last trip to royal blue, me, @Hondasxs, and @scott ran as fast as we could from camp up to the "top of the world". On that trip to the top and the whole weekend while we were there I ran about five psi. It was very smooth riding and we were driving slow most of the time. However, if I were to do that again I would either drive slower or use a little bit more pressure. My minimum now is seven psi. I won't go as low as five anymore.

I hope that helps you.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

Reactions: DGann
D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Joey... that was helpful... i usually run my rigs like a bat out of hell.... so i'd better keep a bit more pressure... and yes... they are bead locks...

Pete... trying to remember how that all happened...the Tough Country bumper is set up for a winch.. my Viper 5000# bolted straight on... but i believe the fairlead and plate was from a KFI mounting plate I had installed before Tough Country came up with this awesome bumper... I love the bumper... and it's quite functional for me - as I use this rig to Spray an orchard, and i use the receiver hitch in front to mount a 16' spray boom so i can clearly see what i'm spraying in my hazelnut orchard....

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Joey... that was helpful... i usually run my rigs like a bat out of hell.... so i'd better keep a bit more pressure... and yes... they are bead locks...

Pete... trying to remember how that all happened...the Tough Country bumper is set up for a winch.. my Viper 5000# bolted straight on... but i believe the fairlead and plate was from a KFI mounting plate I had installed before Tough Country came up with this awesome bumper... I love the bumper... and it's quite functional for me - as I use this rig to Spray an orchard, and i use the receiver hitch in front to mount a 16' spray boom so i can clearly see what i'm spraying in my hazelnut orchard....

Haha....You haven't ridden with @joeymt33, he CAN ride slowly. Just not default speed.

Reactions: joeymt33
D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
those look nice! i wanted something a bit more aggressive.. and plus, in Oregon, it's illegal to run these machines on the road... i didn't need/want street legal tires.. pavement isn't something we ride on... :)

Reactions: BigOL3 and perry
perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
rip saws look good but in az if I want to go to the brewery I will need street legal tires. Road the Dunes in florence OR with these and they were great 5 pis and it went anywhere PIX of south jetty
IMG 2892

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!