P1000 2nd battery ground

itsrip

itsrip

Mar 10, 2021
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
looking for a place to ground 2nd battery .will be using Odyssey pc 925L ground on left, can I use the extra ground cable from Factory to ground it . or where is the factory ground. does this question make any sense ? please make instructions VERY simple
Rip

Reactions: ChadD
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most will run a cable from the negative terminal of one battery to the other. That said, the vehicle frame is obviously ground, but the only bolts readily accessible are the two forward ones under the hood. If using the negative terminal of the primary battery (and thus its ground cable) there's no need to run a separate frame ground to the aux battery.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
looking for a place to ground 2nd battery .will be using Odyssey pc 925L ground on left, can I use the extra ground cable from Factory to ground it . or where is the factory ground. does this question make any sense ? please make instructions VERY simple
Rip
It's already there under the hood over near the primary battery.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mounted a buss bar to the cross bar directly above where the second battery goes, then ran the extra ground that Honda puts in for your wEnch to one of the main lugs on the buss bar. Then ran all other grounds to that buss bar. The thought was all accessories and wEnch run off the second battery and have their own ground and the main battery only runs the buggy.
2C6D3F8D AE3F 454A 8092 83A0AAD90C36

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20190310 132620

I chose a Chassis ground option -
Threaded and clean bolted the existing 6mm hole already in the frame, located upper left and next to the second battery. Tied my second battery, battery Isolator ground and fuse box grounds to it.
Saves space and wire clutter. Easy access to a ground for adding accessories and leaves the oem gray ground wire available for your winch install.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bama-Daniel
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes. Use the factory ground wire for best results direct to the battery. Will have to cut it out of the wire harness a bit to reach.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No winch going on my outfit, used the Honda extra ground wire, reaches right over there pretty slick!

Reactions: Bama-Daniel

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!