P500 2nd Battery Size

S

States

Dec 23, 2020
Spirit lake idaho
Ownership

1. 500
What size battery are you running for your accessory battery? Plan on adding light bar, rear lights, winch, windshield wiper and interior light. Have read that some are using lawn mower batteries, would these handle the load and if so what size should I be looking at.
Also what type of battery support are you using for the under drivers seat location?

R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
I am running about the same with a garden tractor battery with no issue at all. That size battery fits nice under the drivers seat. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 5be0fab108ce2263b38c478689f87487

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

S

States

Dec 23, 2020
Spirit lake idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone used the TRUE UTV-SBI-CM UTV DUAL BATTERY AND MONITOR KIT? Instructions do not show how to power accessories from second battery. I’m assuming that I just run a wire from the isolator to a new fuse box??

Reactions: ChadD
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I ran majority of my stuff from hot post (on auxiliary battery) through a waterproof resettable breaker then into fuse block for each powered item. I used the Blue Sea mini add a battery kit, has work flawlessly since 2015. I use an AGM Odyssey Extreme PC925, it fits inside a 50 cal steel ammo can and so far has worked very well. Think it’s 330 CCA don’t remember the reserve info, as I recall it was a bit spendy here in Canada. As noted in other threads, if I did it again I’d install the auxiliary battery under the driver’s seat. Leaves more room under hood plus you can install a huge battery if desired under the seat.
Cheers,

Reactions: Jdub74 and trigger
R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
States, don’t mind my crayon drawing, but this is what I planned.... use the True isolator and a stinger. I didn’t add the stinger yet. The True is connected to both batteries. And I run a fuse box off the accessories battery. The True ensures the chassis battery is charged before charging the accessory battery. 98774eb413a94aea8e555a50da2954bd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
S

States

Dec 23, 2020
Spirit lake idaho
Ownership

1. 500
States, don’t mind my crayon drawing, but this is what I planned.... use the True isolator and a stinger. I didn’t add the stinger yet. The True is connected to both batteries. And I run a fuse box off the accessories battery. The True ensures the chassis battery is charged before charging the accessory battery. View attachment 260137

Thanks for the sketch. Pretty close to what I figured out

S

States

Dec 23, 2020
Spirit lake idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve got all the pieces in place and hooked up except the main battery cable to the isolator. Can anybody give me ideas on how they got this new no.1 wire into the existing battery box. Isolator is under the hood

R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
What is the specific issue? you open the battery box and run the cable. positive from that battery to the True. The battery box provides an opening (bottom right) of the box when looking at it, to run the additional cable out of. Also, I’d have to look but I am pretty sure I ran smaller gage cable. Maybe 4-6, I think.

R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
The chassis cables are finding there way into the battery box somehow. I don’t have a 2018. Maybe the design of the battery box changed. Maybe post a pic and someone can offer help

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!