30" tires

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Again, arched A-arms with the forward offset, on the front. No lift is necessary. I'd personally stay with a lighter 30" tire.

Unless you run roctanes or similar tires. My 30’s still rub with front and rear arms and the highlighter kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33 and Jmeyer
J

Jmeyer

Feb 11, 2019
Hayden Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unless you run roctanes or similar tires. My 30’s still rub with front and rear arms and the highlighter kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm looking at the berzerker and federal couragia. I live in N. Idaho and SxS's are street legal so looking for a dot tire.

Reactions: Montecresto
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can I ask what is the reason you want 30's? Actually I'm curious why a lot of the guys go to all the work and expense to add 30s. Why not just stick with 28s?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Can I ask what is the reason you want 30's? Actually I'm curious why a lot of the guys go to all the work and expense to add 30s. Why not just stick with 28s?

As someone who has had both... there is no comparison in ride and clearance! You’ll have to ride with me at Takeover and you’ll understand.

J

JTW

I'm looking at the berzerker and federal couragia. I live in N. Idaho and SxS's are street legal so looking for a dot tire.
I really like mine... although they are on the heavier side. BUT that means they’re tough.

Reactions: nbomar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lil extra clearance is nice to have. Cant really tell much power difference offroad. On the street is different story.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As someone who has had both... there is no comparison in ride and clearance! You’ll have to ride with me at Takeover and you’ll understand.
I'm sure the taller side wall helps the ride. Tiger Mark thought mine rode like a lumber truck compared to you guys. Which hes right. I have bigger rims and shorter stiffer tires so that definitely doesnt help.

I have a hard time believing the clearance is that big of a deal. I've watched a lot of stock machines go the same places as all the lifted ones. You and I even made it up a rut I told you I didn't think we would.

I'm sure the switch saves a few bumps on the skids but is it worth all the cost and effort? I'm thinking about getting some 28" tires for my 12" steel wheels just to take on rides for a softer ride.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I'm sure the taller side wall helps the ride. Tiger Mark thought mine rode like a lumber truck compared to you guys. Which hes right. I have bigger rims and shorter stiffer tires so that definitely doesnt help.

I have a hard time believing the clearance is that big of a deal. I've watched a lot of stock machines go the same places as all the lifted ones. You and I even made it up a rut I told you I didn't think we would.

I'm sure the switch saves a few bumps on the skids but is it worth all the cost and effort? I'm thinking about getting some 28" tires for my 12" steel wheels just to take on rides for a softer ride.

I’m not saying it can’t be done in a “stock” setup with bigger tires... I’m just saying the ride and clearance makes a huge diffence when you need it. You’ll see. Obviously, cost and height are some down falls but I like it and wouldn’t go back.

seig

seig

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm running 30" Blackwaters on 15" rims with 4+3" offset. SATV forward arched a-arms, no lift. These tires only measure 29" at trail pressure tho, so i have plenty of clearance, probably an inch + at full compression. A buddy from work and i rode a few weeks ago on some sloppy mud-clay rutted out trails in southern Ohio. He's still running his stock 27" bighorn2's on his CannedHam and he plowed mud all day with his skid plate while i never touched mine. Loving the 30's so far!

IMG 20181229 113435860 HDR
IMG 20181229 140010268

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm running 30" Blackwaters on 15" rims with 4+3" offset. SATV forward arched a-arms, no lift. These tires only measure 29" at trail pressure tho, so i have plenty of clearance, probably an inch + at full compression. A buddy from work and i rode a few weeks ago on some sloppy mud-clay rutted out trails in southern Ohio. He's still running his stock 27" bighorn2's on his CannedHam and he plowed mud all day with his skid plate while i never touched mine. Loving the 30's so far!

View attachment 108643View attachment 108644

You can get that extra inch if you inflate them to max pressure and let them sit for a few days. Mine measure 29” with ½” of treaddepth gone, at 8psi

You’d be surprised what you will clear on well worn trails with the extra clearance since so many people ride machines that have far less clearance.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You can get that extra inch if you inflate them to max pressure and let them sit for a few days. Mine measure 29” with ½” of treaddepth gone, at 8psi

You’d be surprised what you will clear on well worn trails with the extra clearance since so many people ride machines that have far less clearance.

That one trail at stony Lonesome where all the people with 30 inch tires have problems going up, with my 32‘s it was a slow crawl and no problem where is everybody else had to go as fast as possible which can result in breaking stuff.

I’m a vote for a bigger tire. We started with 28’s on the farm rig and moved to the 30s and super happy about it

Reactions: seig and JTW
Amonzo

Amonzo

May 7, 2018
Todd county, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That one trail at stony Lonesome where all the people with 30 inch tires have problems going up, with my 32‘s it was a slow crawl and no problem where is everybody else had to go as fast as possible which can result in breaking stuff.

I’m a vote for a bigger tire. We started with 28’s on the farm rig and moved to the 30s and super happy about it
Did you do IGR to run 32s?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!