Help with tires!!!

B

Buckseeker23

Jun 25, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, this is my first post here so I hope I am posting it in the right spot. So here is the deal, I have a 2022 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. My question is I would like to change over from the stock tires that are about to be wore out over to a light truck tire. The problem I have is I want to keep the stock 14” deluxe wheels, one to save a little money and two I really don’t mind how they look, however I need some help with what is the best size tire to put on it without any rubbing. Keep in mind this is a stock machine and I don’t want to lift it or have to change out the A-arms just yet, with that said I wouldn’t mind adding some wheel spacer if need be. Any advice from someone that is running the light truck tire set up on 14” wheels would be very much appreciated.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hello all, this is my first post here so I hope I am posting it in the right spot. So here is the deal, I have a 2022 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe.
You got lucky and @Bighat went easy on you 😏

Few things, Welcome from the Commie run State of Michigan.
First post, when u first post, pics of the rig are required as in rule#4. We prefer you start a welcome thread with those pics or you will get the dreaded…..
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Next, another what size tire or the like question 🤦‍♂️ you've been a member for just over a yr and most likely been lurking, maybe not? Either way, the question you asked has been beat to death like a Seeing Brandon on TV. So we always suggest to use the search at the top of the page first. In Most cases we've covered it already especially tires. We look forward to your welcome thread and pics! ;)

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want to step up to 15s highlifter still has a sale going on

B

Buckseeker23

Jun 25, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off Remington I’m sorry I dont have time to sit around on my phone and read all your rules, second I’m not much on technology so just forget the pics, and third I did read all the tire post and still didn’t really find what I was wanting to know about the tire size on the 14” wheel so don’t be an ass please.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This reminds me of when I was in SC for a Honda factory tour and decided to have dinner at a local establishment.

With great ignorance of the culture, I asked for unsweetened Iced tea.

The kind, southern like waitress said with a big ol' smile "you ain't from around here, are you?"

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
First off Remington I’m sorry I dont have time to sit around on my phone and read all your rules, second I’m not much on technology so just forget the pics, and third I did read all the tire post and still didn’t really find what I was wanting to know about the tire size on the 14” wheel so don’t be an ass please.
🤦‍♂️......I doubt you read ALL the tire posts, cause you would've read that finding an LT tire for a 14" wheel is difficult ...... you might find one, maybe two brands/sizes to buy now days. Hence some people suggested going with a 15" wheel and that opens up a world of tire sizes/brands to buy from. The extra money you'll spend on the harder to find 14" size LTs you can save and buy new/cheap 15" wheels and have a lot more tire sizes/brands to choose from that are LTs...........🤔 But you already knew that cause you read ALL the tire posts/threads that have been discussed here for the past ~9 years.....🙄

This might help 👇✌️

B

Buckseeker23

Jun 25, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look I don’t need the advice of all the genius sxs guys who think they have the best set up and all that. If you read my question and comprehended it, I wasn’t asking for what I need to change I wanted someone what a stock 14” wheel and a LT tire to tell me what they are running and how they like it, that’s all. I will admit I probably didn’t read All the post about tires but I did read a hell of a lot of them and I do know that 14” tires are hard to come by, hence the question I asked. And yes I know that a 15” wheel would have many more options but again if you read my original question, I don’t want a 15” wheel. I’m not getting on here telling anyone how to set up their machine. Everyone is entitled to set up their machine however to suits them. I wasn’t looking for all the genius smart ass reply’s just simply someone with the described set up to tell me what they are running. I just can’t figure out why everything always has to be a big deal, the exact reason I usually stay away from crap like this, just thought this might be a friendly sxs place to get simple answers from good ol boys that have been there don’t that. Guess I was wrong.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, this is my first post here so I hope I am posting it in the right spot. So here is the deal, I have a 2022 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. My question is I would like to change over from the stock tires that are about to be wore out over to a light truck tire. The problem I have is I want to keep the stock 14” deluxe wheels, one to save a little money and two I really don’t mind how they look, however I need some help with what is the best size tire to put on it without any rubbing. Keep in mind this is a stock machine and I don’t want to lift it or have to change out the A-arms just yet, with that said I wouldn’t mind adding some wheel spacer if need be. Any advice from someone that is running the light truck tire set up on 14” wheels would be very much appreciated.
If you're keeping stock rims then you want 9's up front and 11's in the back. 27 or even 28 inch tall should be fine on stock machine. I don't have LT tires but I am one of the few to keep my stock 14" wheels and went with those widths of 9 and 11.

Reactions: JenElio
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I would go with

lt style
tubeless
round profile
6 ply

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
This reminds me of when I was in SC for a Honda factory tour and decided to have dinner at a local establishment.

With great ignorance of the culture, I asked for unsweetened Iced tea.

The kind, southern like waitress said with a big ol' smile "you ain't from around here, are you?"
almost like ordering a filet o fish at mcdonalds

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Simmer down now!
No need to get your panties in a wad my friend!

All you had to do is say you already searched it and didnt find what you were looking for! But if u had that much time to search ALL the tire threads, sounds like your on your phone enough to me just sayin 🤷‍♂️

Id give you $hit about how to use forum etiquette when responding to someones post, but you might have a mental breakdown and we dont want that now do we?

PS all you have to do is ask and we will help you with pics. Getting sore about it wont get you anywhere here. 😘 NoHmo

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What @Bighat Said. Tensor regulators have been my favorite tire for my pioneer. Ive tried several. I bought these used from a member. He said a couple thousand miles before i bought them. Im somewhere around 4k miles. Theyre tough as hell and ride great. The only downfall ive found is mud and they dont suck as bad as others there. This is current pics theyre on a 3rd machine now and still work but show the use. @100Acre had same size on a stock machine. I dont recall any issues with rubbing.

20230726 181323 20230726 181317

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
just thought this might be a friendly sxs place to get simple answers from good ol boys that have been there don’t that. Guess I was wrong.
You are wrong my friend!
This is a friendly sxs place with answers from people who have ben there done that. The problem your having it its not the answers you already had in your mind.

So my answer that you wont like is to go with 15’s like said above more options and go with the same size tire all the way around so u can rotate them. You will be much happier that way. As for what LT tire, pick your poison. All depends on whats in your spending acct.

There you have it, a simple answer from someone whos been there and done that ;)

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You know who starts a comment with "look, blah blah blah".

Taylor Swift, is that you again?

I can see it now. Hand on hip, string hanging out of cooter.......

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You are wrong my friend!
This is a friendly sxs place with answers from people who have ben there done that. The problem your having it its not the answers you already had in your mind.

So my answer that you wont like is to go with 15’s like said above more options and go with the same size tire all the way around so u can rotate them. You will be much happier that way. As for what LT tire, pick your poison. All depends on whats in your spending acct.

There you have it, a simple answer from someone whos been there and done that ;)
😤 That's not what he asked!!!!! 😢

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!