Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Did you do IGR to run 32s?

I wanted it for the 30 inch Roctanes because they are a true 30 inch tire. We have 30 inch Terrabites on another pioneer 1000 and they measure about 28 1/2 to 29 inches depending on air pressure. It’s not needed for that tire in my opinion.

My 32 inch Terrabites are just over 30 inches tall at 10 psi so they are not much different then the Roctanes. They are lighter however. I was going to put the IGR in even if I kept the other tires so I really didn’t do it specifically for the 32‘s

Reactions: JTW
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted it for the 30 inch Roctanes because they are a true 30 inch tire. We have 30 inch Terrabites on another pioneer 1000 and they measure about 28 1/2 to 29 inches depending on air pressure. It’s not needed for that tire in my opinion.

My 32 inch Terrabites are just over 30 inches tall at 10 psi so they are not much different then the Roctanes. They are lighter however. I was going to put the IGR in even if I kept the other tires so I really didn’t do it specifically for the 32‘s
What is ..... IGR?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You changed out the gears in transmission or front/rear end??

The transmission does not get power straight off the engine. There is a main gear reduction between the engine and transmission. So that’s the single gear that I’ve changed for a lower ratio.

ReductionBoss is the manufacturer and seller of that gear.

Amonzo

Amonzo

May 7, 2018
Todd county, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The transmission does not get power straight off the engine. There is a main gear reduction between the engine and transmission. So that’s the single gear that I’ve changed for a lower ratio.

Can you notice a big difference in the internal gear reduction? And what's the total cost for everything on the IGR? I have 30 intimidators and would like a 32. But already feel like I lost some power.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Can you notice a big difference in the internal gear reduction? And what's the total cost for everything on the IGR? I have 30 intimidators and would like a 32. But already feel like I lost some power.

Big difference in low end power.

$950 for gears.

$100-$300 for electrical calibration to get the shifting correct.

If you do just the IGR, it will shift in manual mode exactly like stock but in automatic mode it will hit the rev limiter before shifting if you are applying 90% throttle or more. Some people are OK with that but you can get some signal interceptors to change the input signal from the tone ring in the transmission and front differential to get the shift points back to stock. Then you have to make a little adjustment to one of the shift solenoids to bring the shift pressure back to where it needs to be. It sounds intimidating but it’s actually very easy.

If you’re buying signal interceptors you can also get a third one to put on the rear differential which is the sensor that drives the speedometer. So even with the gear reduction and 32s my speedo and odometer are reading exactly correct.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I should also say that an additional cost would be an oil change because you are opening up the transmission and it’s a good idea to change the oil one more time after a few miles because you do have to do a little bit of grinding on the transmission case to get the bigger gear to fit.

Reactions: Kilo427 and Amonzo
Amonzo

Amonzo

May 7, 2018
Todd county, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I should also say that an additional cost would be an oil change because you are opening up the transmission and it’s a good idea to change the oil one more time after a few miles because you do have to do a little bit of grinding on the transmission case to get the bigger gear to fit.
Thanks for all the info.

Reactions: joeymt33
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Big difference in low end power.

$950 for gears.

$100-$300 for electrical calibration to get the shifting correct.

If you do just the IGR, it will shift in manual mode exactly like stock but in automatic mode it will hit the rev limiter before shifting if you are applying 90% throttle or more. Some people are OK with that but you can get some signal interceptors to change the input signal from the tone ring in the transmission and front differential to get the shift points back to stock. Then you have to make a little adjustment to one of the shift solenoids to bring the shift pressure back to where it needs to be. It sounds intimidating but it’s actually very easy.

If you’re buying signal interceptors you can also get a third one to put on the rear differential which is the sensor that drives the speedometer. So even with the gear reduction and 32s my speedo and odometer are reading exactly correct.
Where did you get the re-calibration done ..... Honda?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Where did you get the re-calibration done ..... Honda?

SpeedoDRD

This is used for speedometer calibration and transmission output calibration and the speed sensor in the front differential. The same part number can be used in all three locations.

Reactions: BigOL3
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SpeedoDRD

This is used for speedometer calibration and transmission output calibration and the speed sensor in the front differential. The same part number can be used in all three locations.

This has been my biggest Hangup in not doing the IGR.. the shifting not working like stock afterwards. You’re the first person I know to have done this. That’s cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This has been my biggest Hangup in not doing the IGR.. the shifting not working like stock afterwards. You’re the first person I know to have done this. That’s cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuff is the one that figured it all out so the credit goes to him. He worked pretty hard trying to figure out the different ways to improve it. I just stood there and watched like a vulture and waited for the right time to swoop in and steal the ideas.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Snuff is the one that figured it all out so the credit goes to him. He worked pretty hard trying to figure out the different ways to improve it. I just stood there and watched like a vulture and waited for the right time to swoop in and steal the ideas.

That is the best thing to do if you are watching snuff work honestly, Otherwise I would just mess everything up then have to wait for him to come up with a fix anyhow lol.