H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My 2019 and 2020 Talons drive exactly the same. I can tell which one I’m driving because the 2019 is Green and my 2020 with 6,000 miles is Red. Both have the improved suspension and stock tires. I decided to continue driving my 2019 most of the time until my extended warranty runs out in April 2023. I should have at least 45,000 miles on it by then.

Just did another oil change. The Harbor Freight parts sorting tray works great. Some oil will still run down the engine case so I put some cardboard down to catch it. With the skid plate on I stuff rags in the skid plate to soak it up. I use a shopping bag over my hand for removing the drain plugs, it works better then the plastic gloves.

I remove the rear skid plate for a good inspection and cleanup every 2,400 miles. Its easy to clean up the drive shaft seepage from the sub trans. My water pump seal is leaking so I will need a new water pump in the future. Slight seepage is normal but mine is making a mess on skid plate, frame, and sub trans case. I have to add coolant every 1,000 miles.

Both rear wheel bearings have play and will need to be replaced. The left front upper and lower forward A-arm bushings have play so I will get the A-arms replaced since Honda doesn’t offer the bushings. I’ve had a few left front dif seals and a new axle last year. The improved 2021 seal leaked just as bad. The improved 2022 seal still leaks enough to make a mess but it may fix some Talons.

Its annoying to have the Talon air filter intake under the bed when Honda is tooting their horn about the Pioneer 1000 having the air filter intake high up under the hood in clean air.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My 2019 and 2020 Talons drive exactly the same. I can tell which one I’m driving because the 2019 is Green and my 2020 with 6,000 miles is Red. Both have the improved suspension and stock tires. I decided to continue driving my 2019 most of the time until my extended warranty runs out in April 2023. I should have at least 45,000 miles on it by then.

Just did another oil change. The Harbor Freight parts sorting tray works great. Some oil will still run down the engine case so I put some cardboard down to catch it. With the skid plate on I stuff rags in the skid plate to soak it up. I use a shopping bag over my hand for removing the drain plugs, it works better then the plastic gloves.

I remove the rear skid plate for a good inspection and cleanup every 2,400 miles. Its easy to clean up the drive shaft seepage from the sub trans. My water pump seal is leaking so I will need a new water pump in the future. Slight seepage is normal but mine is making a mess on skid plate, frame, and sub trans case. I have to add coolant every 1,000 miles.

Both rear wheel bearings have play and will need to be replaced. The left front upper and lower forward A-arm bushings have play so I will get the A-arms replaced since Honda doesn’t offer the bushings. I’ve had a few left front dif seals and a new axle last year. The improved 2021 seal leaked just as bad. The improved 2022 seal still leaks enough to make a mess but it may fix some Talons.

Its annoying to have the Talon air filter intake under the bed when Honda is tooting their horn about the Pioneer 1000 having the air filter intake high up under the hood in clean air.

View attachment 328501View attachment 328502View attachment 328503View attachment 328504
Amazing the lack of repairs for the miles on that rig. Yep Im a proponent for front intake. People think I’m crazy lol.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!