JsheII3

JsheII3

Long time listener.
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It’s not looking good for the home team.

I cannot get the wrist pin out. I’ve removed both clips from both ends. I’ve tried tapping it out w a socket. I’ve tried the homemade puller from YouTube. I’ve heated it up. It hasn’t moved.

On a separate note. I did drain the oil and pulled the filter. No metal so far.

I shined some bright lights down the case but stopped short of scoping it, bc there’s no open areas that aren’t filled with gears. No way I can see much passed the crank shaft anyways.

Snuff, I wiggled anything that moved. Nothings loose. No slack or slop. But again, I’m a novice.

I’m at a stand still.

Reactions: rtn001
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It’s not looking good for the home team.

I cannot get the wrist pin out. I’ve removed both clips from both ends. I’ve tried tapping it out w a socket. I’ve tried the homemade puller from YouTube. I’ve heated it up. It hasn’t moved.

On a separate note. I did drain the oil and pulled the filter. No metal so far.

I shined some bright lights down the case but stopped short of scoping it, bc there’s no open areas that aren’t filled with gears. No way I can see much passed the crank shaft anyways.

Snuff, I wiggled anything that moved. Nothings loose. No slack or slop. But again, I’m a novice.

I’m at a stand still.
Do you have the engine out of your 4 wheeler, any way get the piston horizontal, go buy a rubber plug that fits the inside of the wrist pin, heat the piston, fill the cavity between piston edge and rubber plug, this is so when it cools it might pull the penetrating oil, get real penetrating like PJ Blaster I think, not WD 40, let it set for a couple days, do the other side, put your puller back, put some tension on it and on and keep feeding it oil every day, maybe it will pop lose?????????

Reactions: rtn001 and JsheII3
JsheII3

JsheII3

Long time listener.
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
JsheII3,

What did you decide to do? Punt?
Ha!
In a moment of clarity, I remembered that I had a jackhammer.
I’ll spare you the details, but share with you some pictures...
2F885951 1991 4965 BEC2 BB0801A2DEA8
542552B0 6D6C 4003 A695 1EBEA4551964

JsheII3

JsheII3

Long time listener.
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That’s my stopping point tonight... I got the motor mount, exhaust, and intake back on.

Tomorrow will be the gas tank, carb, and air box. Plastics, seat.

Anyone interested in betting if it cranks? It’s 50/50 for me. (Who said anything about timing?!?)

RSMark5

RSMark5

May 10, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That’s my stopping point tonight... I got the motor mount, exhaust, and intake back on.

Anyone interested in betting if it cranks? It’s 50/50 for me. (Who said anything about timing?!?)

I'd take that bet that it starts.

I've rebuilt one of these in the past. I think it'll start. Will it last forever, probably not. But I bet it'll start and you'll get a couple more years out of it.

Reactions: rtn001 and JsheII3
JsheII3

JsheII3

Long time listener.
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That sucks dude.. I have + - 9500 miles on my 02 Rancher, & she still runs like a top.

I probably change the oil more often than is needed, but it’s served me well.
It does suck. I’m pretty broken up about it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Good recovery!