Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
After seeing the videos @joeymt33 got from his 360 camera, i couldnt wait to try one out. Found a good deal on a used one. 360Fly 4k.

Camera takes good video. Sound from the camera sucks, but thats ok. Still trying to figure out the editing and all that. Would like the video to start out looking forward but it looks backwards.... i guess there is a front and back?

Got one video uploaded yesterday but been having issues since and havent been able to get any more to load yet. It also cant be charged while in use, so only about 2-3hrs of battery life.

It wont replace my Garmin Virb, but i do like it a lot so far...

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After seeing the videos @joeymt33 got from his 360 camera, i couldnt wait to try one out. Found a good deal on a used one. 360Fly 4k.

Camera takes good video. Sound from the camera sucks, but thats ok. Still trying to figure out the editing and all that. Would like the video to start out looking forward but it looks backwards.... i guess there is a front and back?

Got one video uploaded yesterday but been having issues since and havent been able to get any more to load yet. It also cant be charged while in use, so only about 2-3hrs of battery life.

It wont replace my Garmin Virb, but i do like it a lot so far...

Cool man, when you learn the edit feature and learn how to put in the G-metrix data please let me know! It supposedly does some of that same stuff the VIRB does but I don’t have the patience to edit.

As for the front and back, the on off button is the front. Also the mic is close to that button. Just face the power button toward the action. That helped me a lot.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Getting them uploaded has been a challenge for some reason. Got a few more loaded now. Came to that realization the button is the front, wish you could configure that because id rather have it facing me. oh well.

I dont think i had the gmetrix on, looks like you have to actually turn it on.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool man, when you learn the edit feature and learn how to put in the G-metrix data please let me know! It supposedly does some of that same stuff the VIRB does but I don’t have the patience to edit.

As for the front and back, the on off button is the front. Also the mic is close to that button. Just face the power button toward the action. That helped me a lot.
IF that camera will do the g-metric data I might have to explore getting one. is it a proprietary program to edit the video or can you use the Virb edit program?

Reactions: BWAF and Dragon21
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Doesn't seem the audio is on a par with the Garmins. Maybe it's just these particular videos.

You are correct. Audio sucks so far. But they do have the ability to hook to a Bluetooth microphone to use instead of the cameras.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You are correct. Audio sucks so far. But they do have the ability to hook to a Bluetooth microphone to use instead of the cameras.

Try holding the camera in your hand and taking a short ride and you will see how much better the audio quality improves. The sound comes through the mounting hardware. I just picked up a rubber mount that I have not tried yet but I hope for better results.

FF2B84EE 0C46 4AF0 B242 B8E1E6CB5007

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Try holding the camera in your hand and taking a short ride and you will see how much better the audio quality improves. The sound comes through the mounting hardware. I just picked up a rubber mount that I have not tried yet but I hope for better results.

View attachment 74744

Ah, i thought it was from the wind noise. interesting. I had the mic pointing inside the cab too, figured it would be even worse when i turn it.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here’s a video where the camera was not hard mounted.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did a little reading on yesterday and saw that it goes the GPS data but I don't think it does the other pitch and roll data that most of us use with the Garmin. The technology is cool - have you guys tried viewing with a VR viewer?
too bad the Garmin 360 is so dang costly right now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!