P1000 3M dual-lock, bolts, self tapping, etc?

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
For accessing everything under the hood for attaching bus bars, winch contactors, relays, etc what’s everyone’s choice for fastening components? I’ve found it to be a royal PIA to bolt things down and start locknut behind plastic to secure. Any help or insight would be appreciated!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I use bolt/nut whenever possible. Even made bracket on occasion. But 3m wouldn’t work fine if you find large enough flats. Well placed zip ties would work too.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Clean plastic surfaces with denatured alcohol, then apply 3M Dual Lock Tape. Relatively small squares of the dual lock will work fine to hold things like fuse blocks, buss bars, etc. Even 2 square inches will have you needing to pry up whatever it is you have mounted.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My second battery is zip tied in. My 2nd fuse box is Velcroed to the top of it. Winch controls and stinger relay are both Velcroed down. I need to redo my stinger because I didn’t clean plastic great before install but the others are holding strong and everything stays where it should.

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a heads up, Zip ties become brittle over time and tend crack. Velcro is the way to go. You can undo & redo them at anytime. You can find rolls for sale on Amazon. Those things will last a lifetime. 🤙

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a heads up, Zip ties become brittle over time and tend crack. Velcro is the way to go. You can undo & redo them at anytime. You can find rolls for sale on Amazon. Those things will last a lifetime. 🤙
Can't argue with that, though good quality *black* zip ties tend to last a good while, longer if they're not in full sun (UV) a lot. If you do a fair amount cable tying etc. This is the tool to have. Yup, stupid expensive (comparted to some of the Chinese stuff), but if you take pleasure in quality tools that work astonishingly well, with a tension adjustment dial that is quick and easy to use (lacking on the cheapies) . . .

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Something else I have found that works good is Shoo-Goo. I tried the dual lock for my Stinger relay and it wasn't a good secure mount so I did the Shoo goo and fixed problem.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!